editing 100 objects simultaneously

Hi
i’ve hundreds of triangles which i want to change to a quad. I can select all but always only one can be edited. How can I replace all with one single copy? All the same quads.
Thanks Michael

You could use dupliverts. May or may not work depending on where there at in the scene.
http://download.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/ch22s02.html

those triangles are already placed correctly. Those are taxilights on an airport. I simply want to replace them all someway without deplacing them.
Thanks

Join all the objects together and then you can edit them as if they were one object.

join them with ctrl J then select all the triangles and press alt J or somethgin like that.

I know how to do it in 3 steps

1 select al traingles
2 press crtl+L and select ‘Mesh Data’
3 edit one of the triangles you selected by the first step

forgot to tell something. If you want to unlink them after you edited them select all triangles and make single user <U-key>

Next time you model something like that use Alt+D to begin with - it creates instances of the object and if you edit one, the changes will affect all the others, too. Incredibly useful.

Oh, and you might want to check out the array modifier, too. Works like a charm as well.

Okay, not really what you’ve asked for but it surely needed to be mentioned for future use :slight_smile:

Thanks but I’m not getting anywhere with:

1 select al traingles
2 press crtl+L and select ‘Mesh Data’
3 edit one of the triangles you selected by the first step

I don’t get Mesh Data and any changes only affect that object and not all.

Could you give me a detailed walkthrough? I’m a beginner so I might have done something wrong.
I tried also selecting all with B but that’s the same as selecting all in the menu?
Thanks again
Michael