editing is inverted. mouse works backwards

in my project for some reason when i edit the mesh the mouse works backwards. when i rotate or grab and move to the right is goes left and up goes down. my default project works fine so i must have done something in this project

Are you using the mirror modifier and grabbing the mirrored vertex?

1 Like

no it happens when i grab either side

there is something on the left side checked called “mirror editing”. when i uncheck it it and try to edit it automaticly gets checked again

i noticed not only does it edit backwards in edit mode but when i switch to object mode it gets inverted again. for example i drag edges to left in edit mode with my mouse and they go to the right. then when i switch to object mode they switch and go left.

I’m getting the exact same problem.

This only happens occasionally.
I select a vertex, “grab” it, I mouse left, and the vertex moves right.
Everything in edit mode has inverted mouse movement.
Note: I’m not using a mirror modifier.

I noticed that if I open a different blend file, the problem is gone. If I open up the previous blend file, the problem comes back.
Because of this, I’m wondering if this isn’t a bug, but is some sort of setting that I inadvertently turned on, and it got saved in my file.

Is there any setting that has been tweaked?

Please, if anyone can tell me what’s going on, hats off to you :slight_smile:
I want to attach a .blend file but I’m having trouble figuring out how …

Edit:

i noticed not only does it edit backwards in edit mode but when i switch to object mode it gets inverted again. for example i drag edges to left in edit mode with my mouse and they go to the right. then when i switch to object mode they switch and go left.

Yes! This happens to me too!
Editing only appears to be inverted, but it’s not.
This must be a bug. I’m going to try reporting it.

i finally figured it out! when you have a shape key selected in the properties menu it makes this happen. turn the shape keys to zero and/or select the basis shape before editing