Edson ED-3

Another wip render, and I really haven’t idea how should I call this, in english. But basically, this thing will “slide” and moving with sun collector, not only in one axis, but two. I believe it will start to make sense later.

Not final design btw.

Attachments

What system specs are you using to support a scene with such great detail?

Edit: Also, fantastic work.

Thank you very much keseyrage, there is actually not so much polys in this render, only about 100k.

About HW, for these days nothing special I guess.

MB: Asus Z97-P (Socket 1150)
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 (this is relatively new component in my PC, I bought this two months ago. Before I was using Intel Pentium G3258. I doubt that I will be able to render all these things for this project at once, with that Pentium. With i7 I should be able)
RAM: Kingston 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1866MHz CL10 HyperX Fury Series
GPU: Asus GTX760 2GB
PSU: Fortron Raider S 750
SSD for system, HDD for files.

So this is mechanical arm, which will operate with sun collector. The shock absorbers is only for soft absorption and stabilization. Not springs, just oil and miniature canals.

Almost finished and rigged, I would play with a design little bit too.

Attachments

Did you model the screw actuator or is it a texture?

Nice concept.

Nice project, well executed.

Thank you for nice comments guys. There is just pure mesh, 150k polys in this render.

So here you can see how flexible sun collector will be. Not finished of course.

Attachments

Screenshot from upcoming animation. Modeling is not finished, so this is just for testing purpose.

Attachments

1 Like

Finally, here it is.

Dude… This looks really good

The collector doesn’t twist very much, making it a bit pointless (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_tracker). Also, with the frame not twisting it will cause shadowing on the collector thereby reducing efficiency. Basically if it doesn’t twist up to 120degrees (i.e. between -60 and +60) its a bit of a waste.

CyrilNangalama - Thanks, much appreciated.

BiggR - Well, that was the idea of this test animation, seeing how it works in action. Now that I discovered some new things, of course I will remade this collector a little bit. Also that thin shadow line from frame shouldn’t cause any trouble. Imagine, that this sun collector is full of new technology, so efficiency will be very good. It is sci-fi after all.

But anyway thank you for hints.

great and much details.

Thank you smoot.

And here is something fresh, not finished of course.

Attachments

Finished servo motor, I will do little corrections later. And here is also wireframe, for showing my modeling technique, on this whole “Link Shack” thing.

Attachments

Finished concrete foundations, modular, for easier manipulation.

Attachments

Eduard, glad to see you are still working diligently on this project! I have been away from the forums for awhile, studying for school.

Well done on all the new additions. I can’t say that I have much critique for you as your modeling quality is insanely good.
The modular foundations look interesting, I’m looking forward to seeing how you put the scene together with them. :yes:

Cheers,

Polygobblerr

Thank you very much polygobblerr, you are so kind. And also welcome back, I hope everything is going well for you.

Almost finished arm (95%), that cyan things are movement mechanic sensors.

Attachments