Edson ED-3

Some progress on shacks. This part is from totally new device. It is hard to describe anyway so I will show more later.

And as always, still unfinished.

Attachments

Nice to see some progress :slight_smile: I’m quietly following your thread for some time now. Impressive showcase of modeling skills.
You literally played a part in inspiring me for my Kaman intermeshing rotor concept. I will not be able to match your levels of detail, because I have to finish all scenes till the end of august. So I’m on a deadline :wink:

Looking forward to see future updates from you. Keep it up!

Greetings from Germany,
Fast

It’s a pleasure to read your post FastLeaD, thank you very much. I saw your thread before you post here, your heli is already a really solid model. So I’am very honored and happy for inspiring you, good luck with your project.

Another renders…

So, this device is a base for parabolic antenna, and it is also differential.

Attachments

Very cool, what did you use to design/make the blueprint on the right?

Many thanks GrimZA, that was actually made right in Blender. Select a model > right panel (Properties) > Object > Display > and check “Draw All Edges”. This show you only wireframe what is not on flat surface, so mostly edges of your object. And it is also handy for finding double vertexes too. Then in viewport select wireframe view and render it in openGL, on transparent background, and that is.

Also that arrows and numbers was modeled, and rendered in BI. I do all 2d stuff this way, in my opinion, better than any vector tool. And of course you should use orthographic camera.

Base for parabolic antenna, not finished of course.

Attachments

Best WIP ever. Not only perfect smooth modeling, but great imagination and engineering skills.

An inspiration for those who start like me.

You are so kind nomthewise, thank you very much.

Something very different now, I just made second version of my photogrammetry device. Made from old motorcycle engine, Jawa 50 type 21/23. Well, a base is made from that engine, some parts is from transmission, and some parts is just random stuff what I found in the house. Kinda hard describe every detail in english, I will just write now, that it is way better than previous device. Hope you like it. :slight_smile:

Attachments

…and some more.

Attachments

What a pleasure to geek out on all this wonderful high level modeling and detail work.

I am happy to hear that djwaterman, thank you.

And a short video.

Regardless, very nice work. I look forward to seeing what this will look like with some textures.

Thank you very much onliner, well that will be something. And because this project is made with open source software only, no Allegorithmic tools will be used. Just sayin.

Just little test/training with procedural textures, 100% Blender (node editor).

Btw, it should be a concrete.

Attachments

Absolutely awesome work, Eduard! The level of detail is absolutely insane, and to think that this is sci-fi, so you’ve invented all these tiny details AND rigged it so that it looks like it should work is just amazing. I’m really looking forward to seeing your final scene when you put it all together. Since you have rigged so much of it, I guess you are going to render a short animation, right?

What a lovely post, thank you very much Mr_Flamey. Yes, it is very possible that I will make some animation of whole scene. Though I dont think my current desktop will be able to do that. But I rigging everything anyway, because at first, it is a prove of functionality, as you mentioned. And at second, I believe that I will have more stronger computers in future, so it will be possible then.

For now, I will be happy with still images, or maybe even 360° still images. And animations of every rigged device separately.
And again, thank you for watching this project.

Just a test of my concrete texture, nothing final of course.