Edson ED-3

Time for update…

I wasn’t satisfied with that previous receiver cable, so I created a new one, and also added some completely new cables.
Not finished yet, but it is going somewhere. :slight_smile:

I believe textures will nail it.

Attachments

Updated design, ready for some cables.

Attachments

Nice modeling and projects.

Loving all the details…

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. And sorry for late response sometimes, I’m usually not around PC at the weekends.

This looks amazing but could you explain what the plan will be with all those high quality assets? still just one render of the helicopter with an environment around it? I love all the details I really do but I am just wondering why are you doing this to yourself?:smiley: anyways whatever the plan may be if there is one it will be crazy good for sure:)

Thank you LioKon, well, the plan is high quality renders of course, I thinking about 360° too, or maybe 360° VR, in different weathers, or maybe day and night versions, the possibilities are endless here. It will be even animation ready, so that is benefit too. There will be also shots not only from environment, but even some helicopter interior views.

And what can I say, I’am perfectionist and do like challenge, can’t help myself. :slight_smile:

Another little update. That box in the middle is signal converter (for both incoming and outcoming), there will be also another antenna for outcoming signal, not parabolic though.

Converter also include local WiFi and it controls antenna movements too. So it is fully automatic system with CPU and another quality HW.

Attachments

Wouldn’t it be better to have the signal converter inside of the structure? Rain or moisture might get inside of those airflow openings at the back.

Nice work so far btw.

Awesome :smiley: Love the detail!

Thank you GrimZA, well, it have protection, so it should be fine. I also made two screenshots for little presentation.

Of course, I’am not going to model the whole inside, it is just an idea, how it would be build.

Attachments

Hey Eduard,

you are just insane. I don’t know how you do this, you keep pushing those little well modeled pieces out every week and this since 2015. Is there a masterplan in your head or do you just model those for relaxation? - In other words, is there a goal?

Don’t take this as a offend, I was just curious and really amazed about your discipline!

Keep on keeping on!
– Oliver

Thank you very much Klamauk, well, now it is going a little bit slower than before, because real life bothering me more (see that rhyme? :)), but I trying to do my best anyway. I mean, a managing your time is a lot easier when your social life is almost gone, so it is definitely possible.

And yes indeed, there is one goal. You know, when it comes to dream job, I take it really seriously. So, I just keep pushing everything.

Btw, thank you too ZavalasAgent, I didn’t saw your post before, I guess because you are new and it wasn’t allowed.

Hi there, so it looks like my last post dissapear after site update, so here it is again.

Finished antenna base, but it still needs some polishing. + New openings for rain water.

Something different now, a new version of my photogrammetry device, with double axis rotation. Made from random parts.

Later I will add video about how it is working.

Still on it?

Hi Klamauk, actually no.

Well, I will put it simple. My life just sucks right now.

Damn dude sucks to hear that. I hope you get over what ever you are going thru atm. Keep your head up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much LioKon, even nice post like this can make me feel better a lot.

Life without advanced education can be hard sometimes, prejudices are just everywhere.