Edson ED-3

Thank you tommy, I really appreciate such positive feedback, many thanks again.

No problem man you’ve earned it. As many have mentioned in other posts here in BA, we need a “like” button. I see great things for this model.

For some reason every time I see your helicopter I picture it flying on a chase scene with Motorhead’s Ace of Spades playing on the background.

You are 21? Really cool :slight_smile: great stuff!

This is really well designed. Looks realistic! Well done!

Sako - Yep, 22 almost. Thank you.

IconW - Thank you very much.

And another update, finished rockets and reworked rocket launcher.

I also forget on my short (and little old) testing animation of rotor blade.

Hope you enjoy this.

Fan of your work! Can’t wait to see more!

Nice progress, just a practical tip but you might want to move the fins to the rear of the rocket or add additional fins to the rear.

Currently the fins are creating drag at the front of the rocket which will force it to spin out of control.

That’s some sweet modeling! And nice pumping hydraulic action. If you know what I mean… :smiley:
But in all seriousness. Awesome work!

cgstrive - I am happy to hear that, thank you.

DCBloodHound
- Thanks, hmm interesting. Are you sure about that? Even if that front fins are operated by little electric engines? Hmm if the rear fins will be smaller than front ones, a can put that rear fins between fuel tank and combustion chamber. Thank you for the tip, I can do that, if it is really necessary (I am not rocket expert, so I hope you are right).

IconW - Haha, yes I think I know. :slight_smile: Thank you very much, your Esprit looks nice too! :slight_smile:

Yep still,the fins create drag and will pull the spot they are attached to to the rear of the projectile.

It’s something like this:
Center of drag in front of the center of mass:rocket will be unstable to the point of not being able to fly straight

Center of drag just behind center of mass:the rocket will not be very stable or maneuverable unless extra fins are added to the read for steering.

Center of drag far behind the center of mass:the rocket will be very stable but not very maneuverable

The center of mass will probably be near the middle of the rocket and then will move to the front where the warhead is as the fuel is depleted.

DCBloodHound - Thank you very much for detailed description, I definitely remade that rockets in near future, many thanks again.

Quite often rockets launched from a tube have retractable fins in the rear. You might want to try that. Great progress so far BTW!

NID Graphics - Thanks for the tip, that is first thing what comes to my mind when I creating this rocket. That front fins are already retractable, and they will be nicely rigged. Thank you.

Something new, reworked oil filter (new hydraulic hose, and few things redesigned).

Attachments

1 Like

All last week I havent time for CG, so here is just little update. Reworked transmission cover, that design is still not final.

Attachments

1 Like

Logo in detail with wireframe, in previous render it was just displacement map (because I tested how it will look).

Attachments

The modeling here is awesome, Eduard C. And the details are fantastic. Keep going :slight_smile:

Thank you very much minoribus, I also have little fun with realtime rendering, so here is few shots.

Attachments

1 Like

Front door scheme, no mechanical locks, just vacuum.

My english is limited, so I cant describe everything in details. But here is little description what is writed on image.

1. Door
  2. Body
  3. Gasket
  4. Vacuum

Attachments

Impressive work dude. I think I’ll make my own with jet engines.