Eevee emitter problem

Hi all,

I’m building a scene optimized for animation, but I have a problem which is not making me happy at all.
As you can see in the picture bellow, the bulb is giving some weird light bleed on the roof although I don’t have any indirect light set yet.
Does anybody knows if this is a problem or limitation with Eevee?

And here is the node setup of the emitter:

Cheers,
Juan

Lamp nodes work in Eevee now?

Yes, as far as I know always has.
I’m not using it for illuminating the scene, just as “ON” mode plus the Bloom.

My 2.90 is a bit dated and I just checked, lamp nodes are not working for Eevee there.
I have no experience with Eevee, so I can’t really help out. Was just curious about the nodes.

As far as I know Lamp nodes don’t work in Eevee. Emission nodes for regular meshes which aren’t of the type “Lamp” do work though.

35 is pretty high for emission, no wonder it’s lighting up the ceiling. Try to manually adjust the color of the emission node to achieve the desired hue and lower its strength or move the irradiance probe so it doesn’t cover this part of the ceiling.

Edit

Alternatively, you can also trick the camera into seeing only what you want it to see:

Emissive meshes are represented in screen space reflections. From your images the ceiling reflects base of the lamps, so it should reflects the emitters also. Can’t be completley sure from images. Keep in mind that SSR has no info how thick something actually is.

Nice trick, thank you!

Thanks, you guide me to the right direction about the SSR, the ceiling didn’t have it enable in the material setting, so it was giving me that weird reflection.
Now everything looks as it should be.