Eevee nodes compatibilty

Hello,

As Blender 2.8 is now in Alpha, I’m starting to play more seriously with it, and I tried to use Eevee to create some complex materials like this smoke rendered in Cycles :

fake_smoke

This is a fully procedural material and it relies mainly on the particle info nodes :

When I try this material in Eevee, there is no output on the particle info. So my question is, how do we know which nodes are implemented in Eevee ? Is there a document somewhere that shows the completion of all nodes ?

Thanks a lot.

i think you can try principle volume shader.

Thanks for your answer, unfortunatly this has nothing to do with shading. As I said, this smoke is mostly a tricky material but there is, in facts, no shading at all, it is an emit shader mixed with a transparent shader, both working fine in Eevee.

Here is the complete material if you want :

I know that particles working again in 2.8 is quite recent, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Particles Info node has not been converted yet for Eevee, I just wanted to know if there is a roadmap or a status document somewhere. :slight_smile:

Thanks !

1 Like

Current Eevee can not support Bevel Node, please note it.

1 Like

Anything that I’ve tried to use any volume shader for in eevee renders it only as a bounding box of volume. No smoke/fire. No cloud shapes.

HI, your node seems interesting, could you share a blend file ?

Yes. Here is the document. Right now Particle Info node is not supported.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/render/eevee/materials/nodes_support.html

I’m new here. where to write to make support particle info in eevee?