Photoreal Planet Plugin/Preset/Blend file EEVEE

Hello all Blender users I know you will love this Eevee video. Photoreal Planet in Eevee.

UPDATE
Hello everyone this is Jeremiah coming at yall with a requested post. I didn’t have time to make a tutorial because work picked up, and so I am releasing the blend file instead.

Explore and edit as much as you like and post your images below. But the only real thing you need to change to make a different planet are the textures and the Atmosphere Glow.

DOWNLOAD V01 HERE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YPkvZGsZ_aa9J6KjADwnjel0BtMAnK6I

25 Likes

very epic and accurate sensation of being floating in space! good work

1 Like

I would not exactly call it “accurate” to floating in space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You have to go EXTREMELY far out to see the earth like that.

Still epic though. I kinda wanna try something similar. Great work! :+1:

1 Like

“I would not exactly call it “accurate” to floating in space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You have to go EXTREMELY far out to see the earth like that.”

Accurate? Earth is flat, and NASA uses CGI to render “accurate” images…

@ Jeremiah_M

Great work regardless, subbed to your channel. Surprise you’ve got so few subscribers

2 Likes

wow, really cool,

But i think actually your spaceship needs some of this stuff:
plasma engine & exhausts

Could spice up your spaceship

1 Like

Hey thank you all for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Thanks much Rogerbootsma this tool looks very helpful I will soon add it to my bag. I will say I am constantly amazed by blenders surprising amount of easy, useful, and powerful small plugins.

Blender Planet Preset Eevee (How to make a photoreal planet in blender)

Hello everyone this is Jeremiah coming at yall with a requested post. I didn’t have time to make a tutorial because work picked up, and so I am releasing the blend file instead.

Explore and edit as much as you like and post your images below. But the only real thing you need to change to make a different planet are the textures and the Atmosphere Glow.

DOWNLOAD V01 HERE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YPkvZGsZ_aa9J6KjADwnjel0BtMAnK6I

SD images

KNOWN ISSUES WITH PRESET

1. All spherical meshes are not UV mapped (causes strange edge effect from certain angles and causes texture in N and S poles to be warped, can be fixed)
  2. May not get same result on different GPUs.
  3. Organization of layers effects visual outcome.
  4. version of GPU driver effects visual outcome.
  5. For lower powered GPUs blender will crash this is because the texture size it too big resizing them from 6k to 2k will fix this issue.
2 Likes

Hey,
just a question because im too lazy to download the .blend file, how did you do the atmosphere? It looks amazing. Not exactly realistic, but really beautiful

1 Like

I am not at my work station but when I get time I will give you that info. Just off the top of my head I modeled the atmosphere almost identical to how ours works, so 1-FOG and SMOG 2-Atmosphere 3-Edge Glow

Thank you for your planet, I made my animation with it

1 Like

I like this piece, well done keep up the great work. Music is nice.

On a side note this planet was made in 2.8 BETA so for blender 2.8 I will be remaking the EEVEE shader since iv read issues with it in blender 2.8

that’s made with eevee… looks stunning… great work

1 Like

That looks amazing! Very cinematic. I’m trying to achieve a similar volumetric effect on a planet I’m working on. Thanks for providing the files.

1 Like

Feel free to let us all know how it turns out and post images.

Can you re-upload file?
Want to achieve glowing effect and can’t figure it out how…

1 Like

I am out of town working on a project. I am not at my work station so it will be difficult to fix this but give me some time and il have the link working again.

Try this link, please let me know if it works.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gb4iRpHZqiWahUzkOPaip2bIdRZv5CMR/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi, thanks for quick response,
but no access to the file.

Permission Required
No access. Contact the owner or log in.

Ok try now should work https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gb4iRpHZqiWahUzkOPaip2bIdRZv5CMR/view?usp=drivesdk

Let me know if it’s good.

2 Likes