Eevee Presets / Cycles Presets

Thanks for reporting! I hadn’t tested 2.81.
I wrote a quick workaround to make it work in 2.81 alpha.

update 0.0.3:

• quick workaround for blender 2.81 alpha for removed settings
1 Like

Works with no problems! Thanks for quick update!

1 Like

The add-ons sound useful. What’s not clear to me is: do the add-ons come with presets for Eevee and Cycles, or do they purely serve to store your own settings?

The latter. It comes with no presets and it just saves/loads your settings.

1 Like

Eevee-Presets update 0.0.4:

• update to blender 2.82

Removed “bpy.context.scene.eevee.shadow_method” and “bpy.context.scene.eevee.use_sss_separate_albedo” from the settings to save to make it work with Blender 2.82.

Cycles-Presets update 0.0.3:

• update to blender 2.82

Big thanks for this add-on, gonna use it heavily. Do you have donations set up anywhere?

this addon is great. are you considering updating it for 2.90/2.91?

2 Likes

Are there changes in Eevee? I didn’t keep track of the current updates.
If an update is necessary, I’ll update.

I updated Eevee Presets to work with Blender 2.83 and 2.9+.

Your saved presets might not be interchangeable between Blender 2.83 and 2.90 or future versions!

The add-on now detects all Eevee settings and saves it. But if a setting is removed in a future Blender version, presets are broken and can only be fixed by hand (remove the lines in the preset file).

Update for Cycles Presets comes later.

1 Like

Cycles Presets is updated, too.

Both add-ons got a new (the first and only) option: Save Film Transparent.

1 Like

When there is no cycles_presets ditectory in blender config directory, I got this error:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\Cycles-Presets-master\cycles_presets.py", line 96, in execute
    with open(preset_path, 'w') as preset_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.92\\scripts\\presets\\cycles_presets\\Cycles Quick.py'

Fixed by creating cycles_presets directory.

Reporting this. :slight_smile:
Trying to install your wonderful script but no luck. Haven’t tried old versions yet.

Blender 2.91

Report: Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Blender\2.91\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py” line 351. in enable mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\Dot\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\eevee-presets_init_.py”, line 3, in < from eevee_presets import *
ModuleNotFoundError. No module named ‘eevee-presets,eevee_presets’

I think you have to delete the “-master” at the end in your addons folder and just leave Eevee_presets.
I remember getting that error but I’m not sure if that was the fix

Hi, under 3.0.0 I get an error:

Error: Failed to execute the preset: SyntaxError(‘invalid syntax’, (‘C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\presets\cycles_presets\Cycles - Empty Scene.py’, 8, 35, “cycles._devices_update_callback = <bound method CyclesRenderSettings._devices_update_callback of bpy.data.scenes[‘Scene’].cycles>\n”))

Any chance for a fix? This would be very helpful! Thank you.