Hi there all,
I’ve been working on an asset for a project and ended up using a tweaked version of this volumetric candle light. Though the file is a couple years old and made for cycles, it seemed to work just fine when I tried it with Eevee (aside from the fact that Eevee makes volumetrics look more pixilated but it’s not a huge deal to me and it’s probably just a setting.) Anyways, the real problem for me is when I try to put this in my scene. No matter how much I scale down the object or vary its placement, it always shows on top of other objects. I’ll include some rendered images along with what I think it should look like below, and thanks for reading/replying if you get the chance, though I’m sure I’m just making some amateur mistake.
This is the render:
This is how it looks without the volumetric object:
And this is an manual edit I did showing how I think it should look:
Oh and here’s another with it in the scene:
And the material (the same as the original with just a few colors tweaked):
This is the ‘Egg’ Node group: