Efficient Grill using Procedural Parallax Occlusion Mapping in Blender

This is really nice, any chance you could do a hexagonal packing on the perforations, like this:

I’ve actually already started working on that, but I’m taking care of putting food on the table lately so I’m not actively working on it lately.

Also on the works are square and hexagonal holes.

2 Likes

A tutorial on this and the online tool to solve the equation would be very interesting… however I don’t think I could understand all of this, but maybe it could help me to make a baby-step forward.

1 Like

Will we ever see those nice procedural hexagonal holes?

1 Like

I’m lookinf forward to make a window shader similar to the one used in Robo Recall.
You can drive it by using a equilateral projection based image.

I am interested! I´d like to model an entire set of objects and then project them in a planar fashion using this parallax method.

Are you still considering making these?

Great work. You could work with the Blender team and develop new methods for procedural modelling. Wow i am impresed the way you use maths.
It would be great to use different and new procedural textures that could sculpt/shape the geometry like yours.

A tutorial would be great. I’m interested.

I completely missed this. I’m also interested in an in-depth tutorial if you get some time for it… :slight_smile: