Egg Object for Blender

Egg-Object-for-Blender (Plugin Version 1.2.0)

Creates a parametric egg as mesh object

Go to Add Menu -> Mesh-> Essentials -> Egg

Buy me a coffee

Hej, I offer this addon for free, but if you like it, you can support me and buy me a coffee on ko-fi. If you can’t afford it, don’t worry, as I said it’s free. Anyway I hope you enjoy this addon.

Stay healthy!

ko-fi

Thanky you!

Installation

• Follow the Download link below to the github repository
  • Use “clone or download” to download
  • Extract the python file (.py) from the zip archive
  • Install the extracted python file within blender (Edit Menu -> Preferences -> Addons)
  • Activate “Object: Egg Object”

Download here

What’s New

V 1.0.1

• Fixed Normals
  • Fixed Dimensions

V 1.1.0

• New Settings
    • Toggle for Smooth or Flat Shading
  • New Features
    • Optimized Poles ( less vertices and smoother shading at the poles )
    • Automatic UV Generation

V 1.1.1

• Fix: Adding new eggs to the active collection

V 1.2.0

• New Features:
    • break the egg option
      • controllable cut height
      • randomized cuts
    • with or without thickness
  • new Redo Panel Layout

11 Likes

cracks Never too early for an egg.

3 Likes

Well yeah definitely true. :grin: :wink:

I found a curious issue with your Egg Object add-on. If I have no collections, or if I have multiple collections all with any other name other than “collection” the Egg Object add-on gives me the following error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\debuk_egg_object.py”, line 140, in execute
col.objects.link(eggObj)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘objects’

I got this error in both the 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 versions, the only difference was the line number. In 1.0.1 the line was 128 and in 1.1.0 the line is 140.

It took me a bit of trial and error to figure out what was up. I thought it was an add-on or custom Start-up conflict so I loaded Blender’s “Factory Settings” and got the same error if there was no collection titled “collection”.

1 Like

Thanks @dcbCreative for the info. Sorry, I didn’t finish to use the active collection yet, that somehow slipped through.

It’s already fixed in version 1.1.1 on github.

1 Like

Eggcellent. Tested and Egg Object works equally well with my custom settings as it did with Blender’s “factory” ones. Thank you.

An egg object is a pun and potentially useful addition to Blenders object library.

Now, not to scramble any further eggs but if I can add one observation of the omelet you are cooking. It seems like a real missed opportunity to not label your ‘Essentials’ folder as ‘Eggsentials’. Even if you find yourself propagating the folder with additional objects the egg is still the eggnaugural one:-)

Hahahah, yes, thanks for that, that’s in fact am eggstremely good idea that I might roll out with the next release, I am just a bit frietened that people will get it wrong overeasily . :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

An egg-stand? :grin:

3 Likes

But is the addon big-endian, or little-endian? :wink:

That’s dependent on the eggs higher bit. :grinning:
(Sorry terrible joke)

@lsscpp: :grin: The shape could have been a stand for sure, but no it’s not.

New Features:

• break the egg option
    • controllable cut height
    • randomized cuts
  • with or without thickness
  • new Redo Panel Layout
1 Like