Einstein was right

Tedi:
I’d like to remind you that I’m not the person who brought up this subject, therefore I did not hijack the thread.

/me turns away from this subject.

@At the veggie Topic: Who gives a damn?
Back on subject, interesting… :eyebrowlift2:

700M$ :eek:
Now that we know time and space bend, does it means we can open wormholes and go kill our grandfathers? :stuck_out_tongue:

haha…as a veggie myself, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There’s no need for the holier than thou attitude tedi, each to his own.

now lets get back to the topic at hand :eyebrowlift:

Fuck that hollier attitude where’d you get that?

Simple: a veggie breinstein did a theory ages ago and it took WHOLE lot of taxpayer money (not mine) to (?) prove it.

Maybe I should word it differently in the first place.

And I said I won’t post again here.

and NOW ( !!! ) to the hijack ( !!! ):
http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=38961

also in brand new shiny Apples. Wow. Xeon III in 2007. Why: you do render sometimes?

My money and vote goes to green companies, green thinking and peace promoting ppl. Also to such ppl that sort-of jeopardized their established career (as Einstein did) with openly speaking and pointing out on human_stupidity manifesting itself in vast multitude of ways, most of them wih infinite proportions.

There: I didn’t want to post again here, you made me. And I did it with pleasure. Want more?

Yaaaay science! for helping out Einstein’s theory

But I suppose there goes another $700m, trying to figure out WTF any of this has to do with eating vegetables. Or maybe why a person’s elitist attitude is directly proportional to how vegetarian they are.

Honestly though I like vegetables. I think everyone here does. I even work at a vegetable farm.

But you’d better believe I had cold leftover steak for breakfast

BTW tedi, read your posts, that’s where people are getting your ‘holier than thou’ attitude from.

Fuck that hollier attitude where’d you get that?

hmm. How about right there?

Simple: a veggie breinstein did a theory ages ago and it took WHOLE lot of taxpayer money (not mine) to (?) prove it.

what? If you mean what I think you mean what does that have to do with anything? Theories have to be proved, otherwise they will always remain a theory. That has always been and always will be the scientific method. Vegetarianism has nothing to do with it.

and NOW ( !!! ) to the hijack ( !!! ):
http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=38961

also in brand new shiny Apples. Wow. Xeon III in 2007. Why: you do render sometimes?

again, what are you talking about?

My money and vote goes to green companies, green thinking and peace promoting ppl. Also to such ppl that sort-of jeopardized their established career (as Einstein did) with openly speaking and pointing out on human_stupidity manifesting itself in vast multitude of ways, most of them wih infinite proportions.

For a third time, what the hell are you going on about?

and if you don’t want to post again, fine. All you’re doing is hijacking this thread anyway.

Hey does that mean that the more densely packed nutrients in meat bend space more that the more loosely celled plants?

Personally, I think there’s nothing that complements a steak better than a good salad and most of the highly qualified and intelligent people I work with would agree.

I think that the universe would be a more puzzling place if Einstein had not been so challenged by poor conformance to the traditional education system.

Chalk up another one for the fuzzy haired guy!

All you’re doing is hijacking this thread anyway.
One-liner that I posted was truly powerful (true, too). It is auto-hijacking the thread - I mean look at those replies it spawned.

Saying people are more intelligent because they are vegan/lefties/autist/special is in the same order than saying a blond blue eyed human is far superior to a black haired black eyed human. But if you wish to be the local vegenazi…

Hey… Godwin was right (see Godwin’s law)

Re-read the thread. The keyword was working_differently (which can also mean : “having the right insight”, or intuitive insight, as Einstein also described himself ).

You’re making stuff up, you know. Surely you can identify poster(s) who boiled this down to “inteligence”, “evolution”, “ego” … . Should I help you with that or can you read posts by yourself?

I agree with aws357; your physiology says little about how you are on a mental/emotional/personality level (save mental handicaps).

That being said, I would like to make this contribution:
Nothing can be proven: all proof (as defined earlier in this thread) is based on human perception, which is based on organs which are nor neutral nor accurate nor perfect in any sense of the word. Also, all evidence is based on previous evidence. Eventually, all evidence is based on a set of basic assumptions, which are in turn a product of perception.

stares at thread
eats a tomato and likes it, no sauce no anything
smiles in delight
resumes thread-reading
now eats a steack, juicy, smells good and tastes good.
laughs

/me loves nutriments.

Hum, this reminds me (drifting slightly away from main topic here) of a discussion that occured when that big super accelerator project in switzerland started. Some people feared that it would be powerful enough to create tiny black holes! (dunno, I’m no physicist)
The others answered that is wasn’t possible and that even if it occured the black hole would just “evaporate”… (how could that be? wouldn’t it start swallowing everything and grow and grow and eat our part of the universe? :eek: shivers).

Next question: why kill our grandfathers? :rolleyes:
:smiley:

enough said too!
Ciao
Dani

Because of the tremendous amount of self criticism inherent in science, I don’t think anything is proved like what we’re talking about.

Something close, I guess, is a law, such as Ohm’s Law (V = I * R), which, in reality, is a theory since it makes predictions about the relations of voltage, current, and resistance which, so far, have been completely correct. However, if someone manages to measure a circuit with 10 V, 5 amps, and 3 ohm’s… well, that would be pretty astounding.

-Laurifer

Hum, this reminds me (drifting slightly away from main topic here) of a discussion that occured when that big super accelerator project in switzerland started. Some people feared that it would be powerful enough to create tiny black holes! (dunno, I’m no physicist)
The others answered that is wasn’t possible and that even if it occured the black hole would just “evaporate”… (how could that be? wouldn’t it start swallowing everything and grow and grow and eat our part of the universe? :eek: shivers).

Talking ‘bout CERN ? You must be kiddin’ , Monsieur! I have friends there, let’s have a look on their table:
http://lhcb.web.cern.ch/lhcb/fun/LHCbweekinChiaSeptember2004/photos/photo1.html
This woman programs computers like other write their letters (true!) and it doesn’t look like she dropped in a black mini hole recently, :stuck_out_tongue:

3D-Penguin : Haha ^^ She looks okay, but maybe she has been there and some extra-universe creature took her appearance and came back to study how people in switzerland eat! well, I hope not.
BTW I thought the gravity effect had already been “proved” at the beggining of the 20th century during an eclipse or so… Or was it just that light was deviated by mass? Isn’t it the same?
Dani

BTW I thought the gravity effect had already been “proved” at the beggining of the 20th century during an eclipse or so… Or was it just that light was deviated by mass? Isn’t it the same?
Dani
Hi Dani, a discussion about this would mean to hijack this thread, so allow me to point you to
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitation. I recommend to open a new thread if you want to start a discussion:eyebrowlift:

LOL at this thread.

Everyone knows that vegetarians disrupt the fabric of space/time. Equally as much as meat eaters.

Special and General Relativity was proven waaaaay before all of this million dollar stuff. It’s used in modern astronavigation and everything weve ever percieved in reality is also congruant with special and general relativity. So all those who dont believe in it are wasting your brain cells trying to prove it’s not necissarialy true. Many experiments have proved it, actually ALL experiments have proved it so stop whining cause you just dont want to comprehend it…

:confused: Its not true that nothing can ultimately be proven. Maths stuff can be proven. Like “Fermats last theorem”. Thats a cool book btw :yes: