Elektron Dikitakt

I haven’t posted to this forum in years. I felt a little nostalgic today. Here’s something I had the luxury working on today. Luxury, because I have a teenage daughter and almost teenage son and just having a full Sunday just for myself is quite the exception. Thank you COVID and hundreds of people in the mountains, I guess :slight_smile:

Anyway a few words about it. After 20 years I have started playing and composing some electronic music and quickly developed a severe case of G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome). That’s why I forced myself to create and publish 5 tracks on my Digitone, before I allow myself to get the Gigitakt, which I feel like I most definitely need.

You can check one of the track here for example – https://vimeo.com/496631077

I’m down to the last track and really excited to get my hands on the little boxed marvel that the Swedish company so masterfully created. I’ve used Ian Hubert’s texture technique to quickly mode the device, spent a lot of time fixing odd UV errors and almost gave up modelling that box. After 20 years in Blender I am unable to model a box, would you believe it?

Anyway thanks for reading thorugh all the way here. Thank you all blender designers and developers who have built this marvel of a tool that renders such beautiful viewport images 30 times a second. I just can’t get over the quality of the 2s renders with full motion blur either.

Sorry for the vertical format, it was meant for Instangram.

1 Like