Eli's UNTITLED game project development thread

Hey everyone! Been a loooooong time since I’ve posted. Anyway. I’m going to use this thread to ask questions and document my journey of making a video game.

Hey everyone! So after some testing and debating I think I have figured out what I wanted here.

So this is how the game will work. The main character will have 3 main abilities, all present in the video:

1. Double jump, pretty self-explanatory.

2. Platform creation. With the press of a button, you can instantly create a platform under you that lasts for a couple seconds before disappearing.

3. Dropping bombs as another attack. (The first being the jump, like from the old Sonic and Mario games). I’m not officially set on this idea. I’ve been trying to decide between this, a gun like from mega man, or maybe some other projectile. (Or maybe the bomb is thrown, we’ll see.)

This game will focus not so much on level exploration, but rather puzzles and monster fights in single rooms. I especially want boss fights to be difficult and tricky. The camera will not move at all during the game.

Next up on the agenda will be adding in a HUD as well as health for the player, as well as graphics.

1 Like