Elon Musk announce the Tesla Cybertruck

Automusk :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1NT4I0s34

I bet thereā€™s plenty of people who would like to have a private warship.
Another thing that comes to mind:

2 Likes

Letā€™s face it. People that will buy this are going to see it as a canvas for their company/brand. The first one buying this is free hype on whatever says on the sides of the truck.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, I would!

1 Like

Hi, I donā€™t think people should pay a lot of money for a bad design, or cheaply made products. Iā€™m just wondering if past manufacturing problems had an influence or was taken into account during the design process.

Weapons manufacturers donā€™t care much about how cool it looks. In the case of tanks and airplanes it really is form follows function. The M1 Abrams tank design comes from the fact that an angled piece of armor provides more protection than a flat or curved armor. Similar with the F-117 Fighter. The angles were there to scatter radar signals. They just ended up looking neat.

And a HMMWV is just a little box on top of a big box, but I still find it to be one of the sexiest vehicles ever made. :smile:

when I saw this beast many years ago in the Alien film it was love at first sight :star_struck:
letā€™s kick the aliens in the ass! :joy:

Hah! And I actually like the front, and find the back kinda blah.

to be honest, of cybertruck, I consider both the front and the back a kinda of blahā€¦ but I like it anyway :sweat_smile:

Literally I am aware that it looks like a box designed by a child.
the winning point is precisely that you feel the need for this design as something new after all these years ā€¦

Probably if someone pulls out a similar design, but with a slightly better front and back ā€¦ Elon Musk is fucked.

Has anyone seen a picture of the inside? Is that part not finished rendering yet?

inside
https://youtu.be/vvGc93dWwNg

guys, itā€™s ugly, but itā€™s a futuristic machine that belongs to 2020, there is little to do.

is a car from the 2020s.

remember when you were young and imagined the future?
Here it is. it is this type of car.

The truck somehow looks much better in this image, the looks of this thing is extremely dependent on the surrounding light and most cities (in the US at least) do not have high-rise light canyons or neon jungles to make this look the best it can be.

It also just came to me of the possibility of people being dazzled if they are walking on the sidewalk and this thing clocks them with a super bright beam of reflected sunlight. It might need a special coat of paint to make sure glare wonā€™t be an issue.

No, when I was younger, I was holding out hope that Paul Moller would get his stuff together and finally make his Moller Skycar a reality for the masses. Now that would fulfill my childhood!

Thereā€™s currently a race where companies like Uber are vying to make the worldā€™s first practical flying car, then you have the human-sized drones being unveiled which means weā€™re finally seeing the dawn of personal flying machines.

Iā€™m surprised Elon has never said anything about wanting to make his cars fly, itā€™s got to be easier to do than that Martian metropolis he dreams of.

Maybe so, but a big part of Elonā€™s motivation to go to Mars is not easy profit. Itā€™s Insurance for the future of mankind. As it is, all of our eggs are in one basket (Earth). People living on two planets insures mankind will survive an eventual asteroid strike, gamma ray burst, solar flare, or any other cosmic event that wants to kill us all.

yes ā€¦ also driven by science fiction books and films I believed that already in 2010 we would have had the levitation cars ā€¦ hehehe

look, itā€™s a video ā€¦ with that straw head that looks like a hairy wheel of the car :grin:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0izfblmecn0&feature=emb_rel_pause A longer video of the inside. And the video does confirm what I was thinking. Musk did make the design so it was easier to manufacture. The slots for the truck tie downs are a neat idea. The dashboard is bigger than an aircraft carrier flight deck. You will need a long handle mop to clean the inside front window.

LOL I had to pull my phone to my face for a closer look when I first saw that.

1 Like