Elpis The Game (Infinite Procedural Terrain - VIDEO)

@TNSv That was the first name I gave him 4 years ago… I really like it, but it has no mythological meaning to it…

Doesn’t need to have a mythological meaning. It actually gives you more creative freedom, because you could have some kind of ancient civilization in your lore that speaks a language in which Lecter means “hero” for example.

Also, are you planning to have customizable clothing/armor in your game?

Character looks really nice. The back is a bit odd to me, but it doesn’t bother me that much. It’s a game character. Concerning the name, I think you have to decide how far you want to go with the story, meaning that if you wrote a game and story taking place in the modern US, pretty much any name would be ok. We are a mix of cultures, and there really aren’t any names that would stand out. When I considered names for Ayleth, I borrowed heavily from Welsh names, and had a built in consistency (my world was also based on images of Wales). For example, I named the main character Ayleth Branwen (last name means “beautiful raven” in Welsh). So, what I’m saying is that you’ll have to ask yourself about the world of the game, and either make names up to fit it, or borrow from another culture. Looking good.

Edit: By the way all, I created a fantasy name generator, which is in excel now, but I hope to get it on the web soon. It’s pretty interesting, and serves as a way to think about names of all sorts of things (I found formulas in all sorts of names, real and invented).

Balor sounds very male and a Bit brute, but in a good Way. (Possible Connotation of »Baal«?)
Lugh is my own personal Favorite, but as 3dmedieval says, it also should fit the Scenario and Lugh is heavily Celtic.
Lugaid sounds similar to Lugh, but I don’t know it, probably it fits.

You could consider what Places/Cultures inspire your Game’s World and rather borrow from these Cultures’ Mythologies but change the given Possibilities to make your own fictional mythological Name out of it – I would do that in practically any Case.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/Nycholas3D/New-Char-Animated.gif

The WIP of the low poly model
Hope you like it…
:smiley:

I’ll use the name Lecter, I like it, and as you guys said I can give it my own meaning…
Thanks! :wink:

Looks really good. Nice time-lapse images! He’s got something like 1% body fat. Nice.

You are a saint. Amazing.

Looks kind of like a greek statue.

Can you post a wireframe image? I’d like to see the topology.

Besides the Fact that he looks rather gorgeous, at a closer Look I just recognized: Is this the Lowpoly Model already? Seems it is, but I had to look closely to see that, and still the Balance between Polycount and smooth Shape is very well done!

Great model! Can’t wait to see it in action!

Excellent model, the normal map is quite outstanding… :slight_smile: Also can’t wait to see it in action!

very very nice. The back of the cloth around his waste is a bit strange as it comes to a point and the edges are straight lines… that is, if you are still looking for crits.

It would also be nice to see some different cloth wrinkles on that same piece of cloth. They are obviously mirrored on both sides. If you are mirroring the UVs so this is not possible, I would suggest blending the wrinkles a little bit together. (The back should be more detailed, as you will be looking at it most of the game, right?)

I have a suggestion. You should provide some backstory for why Lecter is so damn muscular.

@3dmedieval, @TNSv, @C.A.ligári, @AniCator, @Mirata and @mokazon thank you for the nice comments
I added a loop cut to the shoulder to make it a bit more smooth and now it has 2100 polygons :wink:
@mokazon
amout the texture I realy wanted to make it less mirroed but for some reason my sculptris crashed if I removed the simetry function with a poly count over 1.000.000… I’l try later to make it less simetrical… :smiley:

The wireframe view:

Sculptris – I knew it! Ah, great Tool.
I actually would be astounded by only 2100 Polygons, but I don’t trust the Squares. :wink:
However, the Polycount is, either Way, even better then I had expected. Great Work! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=nweissberg;2036656]Work in Progress of a terrain, need plenty of work… but I believe it’s much more attractive than the desert on the video…
Please tell me what you think :wink:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]168702[/ATTACH]
en:
Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, just asked this, because it had managed to make ragdolls animations, procedual animations, … etc., always try to look things up, most do not speak English well, then there is something hard to find, in Blender again, I managed to make the fall and some systems, the more brilliant as I thought you got so much quality animations with ragdolls, just ask, do not be forced to anything, you are not obligated to release WHAT did you get so hard, I understand that dude, your job is yours.
Bye …
pt:
Olá,desculpe-me o transtorno,apenas perguntei isso,pois não havia conseguido fazer animações em ragdolls,procedual animations,etc…,sempre busco procurar as coisas,mais não falo bem inglês,ai então fica dificil achar alguma coisa,no novo Blender,eu consegui fazer a queda e alguns sistemas,mais achei genial como você conseguiu animações de tanta qualidade com ragdolls,apenas perguntei,não te obriguei a nada,você não é obrigado a liberar oque você conseguiu com tanta dificuldade,eu entendo isso cara,seu trabalho é seu.
Bye…

The image says it all:

There it is.

I LOVE YOU @C.A.ligári you really saved me bro!

I’m trying out the new blender I couldn’t find the console I even looked it up on google and blender artist forum but the only answer I got is that it now is the editor “Python Console” and clearly that wasn’t blender’s system console… thank you very much