Elpis The Game (Infinite Procedural Terrain - VIDEO)

It depends what you’re doing though. I’ve supposedly got 7299 lines of code in my network library, which is essentially a demonstration game upon an actual library, so it is closer to three projects than one (library->bge_library->custom_demo)
Five hundred lines is nearly a sixteenth of that, and it’s for a relatively developed control setup, so overall that’s rather good!

Thank you all for the feedback it’s very important to know what the blender community thinks!

The low frame rate on the recording is caused by the software that was used to capture the footage, I used QuickTime on a iMac and at first I didn’t expect that the recording would be so twitchy… I’m sorry for that, I’ll make some improvements to the character and soon post a new video, hopefully with a better frame rate!

Thanks Agoose, by the way, I love your video on Indie blender developers and your current project is awesome! I was going to address this question the same way, I’m not only a blender python programer, I’ve created many things that is not shared here, for example, a cavas based game engine in javascript and HTML5, it alone without an actual game its a block of code with nearly 5000 lines, it handles a million of functions since user input to sprites, physics, audio and video output.
The point is for a simple character control that is not yet finished 500 lines is something very relevant, and when you take to account that only one controller logic brick was used, it becomes even more meaningful, at least to me.

I understand that much work is still to come before I can call this a game again, it excites me and gives me much joy to know that you guys out there, that make this wonderful community, are happy to see this project up and running. Thank you once more, don’t forget every feedback is very important!

As nice as I’ve seen in blender. And thats saying alot. Theres been some cool games coming out. The player moves better than any I’ve seen. Keep up the good work.
Is the downloadable? I haven’t seen a link. I’d love to play it.

it is an amazing thing to see the level of skill grow over a period of time and this is a great one to follow that. amazing work here man.

Seeing videos of your game about a year ago really inspired me to keep working with Blender! Always impressive work. (Hopefully you are backing it up somewhere now.) Looking forward to watching this progress!

I will buy it 10-30 USA dollars
I Just need a demo.

THIS is Something AWESOME!

I have been watching this project for a while, ever since I started working with the BGE a few years ago. Your early demos proved that BGE is capable of an epic action/rpg, and were one of the reasons I chose this engine for my game. Great to see it is still getting attention. That is easily the best third person platform and combat rig I’ve ever seen in Blender

Apparently you don’t want to share you code, but could explain your theory of operation of the code? it could be very helpful to others trying figure this out. After all your using a 3d program that thousands of other people freely shared their code and effort or else you wouldn’t have blender at all to run your code.

This is maybe the most “serious” game that I seen in BGE so far. I’m looking forward for future updates.

The chest was made overnight…
Video of the user login on facebook

The lower left one was used on the video, the one in the center will most probably be the final one with a polycount of 1552 triangle. Fully rigged! :eyebrowlift2:
User authentication connects to a MySQL DB sends username, computers IP and the encrypted password if successful starts the game, save file will be stored on the server. Must be logged in to play!

^ Authentication, huh? Does this mean that the game will be online multiplayer-enabled?

Cool chest, by the way!

In some ways SolarLune, i haven’t thought all the way through, there are some online functions but is not an MMO, the connection to server is used to check if the local save file and the servers save file are the same and If the file for some reason corrupts there is a backup on the server so you won’t lose your progress!

That is very cool (the recent video). Great job! Keep it up.

That log-in process is really cool! I would only suggest that the bottom of the box be black (or whatever color) to ease into the transition better. Really nice work!

Suggestion: You should probably have a way to go around the login cloud save synchronization for those who want to play this offline/without connecting.
You should also make the background of the text fields solid so that the text stands out, and the fields should also face the camera more.
For some aesthetics, I would make the glowing symbols on the box fade in and out (if possible) and the cogs could twitch back and forth every now and then, and maybe some particles could fly out the box when it opens (and maybe a cool flash of light)? :smiley:

The transition looks awesome. It reminds me of all the fancy menu transitions in Hearthstone.

Also, as SolarLune suggested (or I think this is what he meant), you should make the interior black so it can fade into the game scene better.

I’d like to know how you are encrypting the password and sending it to the server though. I presume you are using JSON, so are you encrypting using MD5 on the server or client side?

Nice work!

360 Faces — 560 Tris:

New Sword model! :eyebrowlift:
I’ve been doing a lot of testing, researching, bug correction and overall refining the third person controller for my game, nothing really new except it now has sound… and it’s more efficient… Thanks!

See you soon!

Damn nweissberg, this is impressive! I remember following this game project on youtube when I first got into blender, so happy youre still working on it! Looking great buddy! keep up the great work.

Thank you all for the suggestions on the login screen and for following my progress! I like the idea of making it black so it fades in to the game!
@MrPutuLips and it didn’t work at all, só I manually revised the entire library, now it works with Blender!
if anyone is interested i’ll post it here… (a little off topic)
For now the MD5 encryption is done by the client, I was just testing to see if every thing would work…

Beautiful…

You were one of my inspirations when I started blender man. Thanks for being awesome