Elysiun is the best!

Elysiun is sooo cool. What with that End of Elysiun thread, I though that maybe I would post something saying how much I appriciate this site.

I mean, really it was Timothy and this site that kept the blender community alive in the days since NaN fell. If it wasn’t for this site, the whole community could’ve drifted apart, and today Blender might just be a dim memory of the past.

Not that I’m dissing whoever posted that thread. I don’t know if whoever did deserves scary voice :< flaaame attaaccks*/scary voice* and I really don’t care. I just thought that the thread was kind of negative so I thought I’d post something positive.

joeedh

'nuff said.

Even the title in the “end of elYsiun” thread is evil, I tell ya. EVIL!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hadn’t elYsiun existed, the Blender would have scattered–and moved on to other apps–when NaN went bankrupt and there wouldn’t be a Blender communtiy (well, maybe there would be, but not one I’d like to be part of).

Probably someone has said it already but…

clears throat

Thank you, Timothy!!!

Throws emtpy present boxes at him

I agree. This site as well as all of the contributors are priceless. Where else can you ask a question about Blender and get lots of great, example filled responses in seconds? I have the Blender 2.3 guide sitting next to me, but I get way more information from the users that weigh in here. Thanks to everyone.

Whatever;)

haha!

THANKS TIMOTHY!

weeeeell,

being a proper Blender n00b, i think that elYsiun has been just as or even more helpful to my learning of Blender than any tutorial that i have come across.

Yes, indeed,

THANK YOU TIMOTHY

and thanks to all users who helped and continue to help the Blender community grow

~Delta

smacks himself Oops, I forgot!

THANK YOU TIMOTHY

joeedh

what about the other moderators and admins…?

Yeah, I guess…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, Timmy! And theeth, ztonzy, weirdhat, lighting, goofster and the one I forgot for keeping this place clean!

I thought that moving the elysiun forum to the blender.org was the best appriciation timothy could get. And it wasn’t timothy who was against it.

Following the events at these forums I understand why blender.org is not to keen on a merge.

Thats just rubbish, let me refraise that, I think thats just rubbish.
The best blenderheads* I know don’t take any part of this community, and there are lot’s of other ways to communicate, for example: the irc.

Hahaha, but that’s the whole point of this forum right?
You are in a nice select group, and let’s keep the ugly other thinkers out.

So,… good work Timothy & team! It’s very much appriciated

wp just finished an movie leader that was in pathe this weekend.
robd finished a cdrom with little blender character animation
freid just made a new website with blender pics interface.
dirk made a b2b for miele washmachines.

Well, the best blenderheads I know are part of this community (blengine, @ndy, Robertt, AN][ARES, BgDM, to name a few…).

Besides, it’s not about the Blender skills, or who does more or who does less, for that matter. It’s about all of us being together in one place.

We’re not here just to comment on other people’s work. We do much more than that here. We joke, we argue, we ban people :P, we help each other with stuff, etc.

And also, there has to be a place for us to be. Blender.Org is exclusively for development related purposes. elYsiun, on the other hand, is for all the fun :D. There’s no need to “end” elYsiun. It’s all up to Timothy (the webmaster) to shut it down (please don’t :P)

I thought that moving the elysiun forum to the blender.org was the best appriciation timothy could get. And it wasn’t timothy who was against it.

Following the events at these forums I understand why blender.org is not to keen on a merge.

Thats just rubbish, let me refraise that, I think thats just rubbish.
The best blenderheads* I know don’t take any part of this community, and there are lot’s of other ways to communicate, for example: the irc.

Hahaha, but that’s the whole point of this forum right?
You are in a nice select group, and let’s keep the ugly other thinkers out.

[/quote]

Well, as I said, I just wanted to say something positive.

joeedh

P.S.: And it wasn’t “flame attacks” it was “flaaamee attaacccks” :wink:

Thank you theeth!

(because no one else did, and he deserves it too)

Carnivore did.
I extend my thanks to all mods and admins.

I’m sorry, i didn’t want to mis-qoute you

How you can all be together when your banned is beyond me.
And my point is we are not all together. Large part of (good) blender users don’t want to be part of this community.

Sure, there is no need to end elYsiun. That’s not what I said. What I said was that there was (and still is) so little activity on the site (the other parts then the forum, the parts where you never go but newbies do), that it looks dead. The forum is like the beating hart in a dead corps.
I don’t expect you to look objective to the site, you’re to biased.
The forum is great, yes. That’s why I thought I had a good idea; let blender3d.org ( not blender.org ) do the site, and move the forum to blender3d for the forum.

"Blender.Org is exclusively for development related purposes. "
Things can change. Things will change. They need to grow, otherwise they are dead.

“It’s all up to Timothy (the webmaster) to shut it down (please don’t )”
I think that as long as they can affort it, it’s here to stay.

Thank you USERS.

No users, no community.

/Nathan

Large part of (good) blender users don’t want to be part of this community.

Where do you get that info? And howcome you didn’t share this with us earlier? Well, maybe you did and I’m the one who didn’t pick up on it. If it’s true then your proposition can certainly be seen in a different light, but I’m still surprised to hear it. I do, however know of those who don’t come her anymore simply because they’ve moved on, or moved beyond; as one said “there are just too many newbies on Elysiun”.

%<

No doubt Elysiun has influenced and encouraged me immensely with blender. I’ve utilized many of the forums. I use the search engine constantly. I use the tutorial lists constantly. I am kept abreast of new and interesting information from other parts of the WWW.
Even if Elysiun as a site is “broken” I think that there would be a huge void in cyberspace without it’s existance for slow movers like myself. Oddball out that I am, I have never had a sense of elitist arrogance against me here. Not saying I’m accepted by everyone but I am not hindered from learning.
The OX puts on his flame resistant yoke and says, “As far as the way the teeny boppers act and carry on - it comes with the territory. I’ve been here long enough to see some mature and actually begin to be productive with blender and add tremendously to blender community effectiveness”.
I’m not ashamed to hang out here (most of the time :wink: ). The moderators and others who care about helping are really a great bunch of people. If others want to move on after being weaned from this learning environment. So be it. The fundamental structure of help for new blender users seems strong and stable to me.

There’s an ancient saying, “Where there is no ox the stall is clean, but with the ox comes much increase”
If you want to grow around here you can but you must learn to put up with the bull. :o