Emitter Colour variation

Hi there,

I wasnt really sure if this was a modelling, a coding or a texturing and colouring question specifically so I’ve put it here for now. The concept is fairly simple but I just cant think of a way to do it.

Im building a masterplan of Haymarket in Edinburgh, Scotland and I would like to add a simple car model but would like to give the cars colour. At the moment ive Alt+D (instanced) the cars to save on memory as this will eventually become a very vertice heavy model and im looking to save on render times. Another reason for the instancing insead of a particle emitter is so that I can orient the cars along the road in the correct direction.

My question is: is there a way to attach several different textures to a part of the car and tell blender to randomise through these textures. The reason I say part of the car is because Id like the glass and interior to stay the same for simplicity’s sake.

Anyway, any help would be massively appreciated.

thanks,

ninehunred

What renderer ?

Cycles renderer: All the cubes are linked duplicates and have the same material. The Random output sets a random colour for each cube using the colour ramp