Enchanted Forest

I’ve been working on this scene for a while now. I have a lot more to add, but already my computer is lagging a bit. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it without an issue. Your C&C are welcome. And if anyone could suggest a better name for the scene, I’d be glad :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Beautiful.

Enchanted Forest sounds perfectly fitting.

1 Like

Thank you!

Looks good so far.

If you’re looking for critique, I suggest switching out the wireframe on the animals with a fresnel node to give them a glowy outer ring. Wireframe kind of make this look digital and contrasts weirdly with the enchanted forest vibe.

Add some more lights. Dim moonlight, stars piercing through clouds, etc.

Lastly, for the grass, instead of using individual strands for the particle system, use a few sets of grass clumps. The image below is an example of what I mean but for game engines. You can do the same thing but you don’t need nearly as many variations. 3-4 grass meshes should be perfectly fine.

Keep at it!

1 Like

Thank you for taking your time to reply in detail. I like the digital effect. I was thinking of adding a gateway to another dimension later on… I’ve already made another material for the animals just in case, my computer can’t handle anymore. And I agree with the grass. It looks off. I’ll fix that.