Engine Roar

Wow Nice !!!
So is there going to be any car customization? In detail since i saw that you’ve included a detailed damage system.

Fred/K.S

Now as I watching your videos again, I think adding an outlines shader will benefit the game graphics even more. It looks not that realistic, kind of a cartoony and adding outlines will make it look even more cartoony :D, which is a good thing. That way you will differentiate from AAA racing games like Forza and NFS and players won’t try to compare the graphics with those games.

Yes, players will be able to buy for game points.

Thanks for your advice!) In our game there is cartoon stylization like in FlatOut, doesn’t Borderlands. We will use some shaders like Ambient Occlusion.

Hey, what’s New ?
Last post from february , …

I was thinking how about you developers change the Color palette of your Gameplay i can help?

I think that it will definitly show a complete difference in the Graphics of your Game?

What do you think Guy’s?

Fred/K.S

Ha! Yes we have some new changes for you! You can see them below:

• We found two programmers: Andrei Voloshin and Andrey Butvin. And we were joined by Katherine Novakovskaya Artist-Modeller who also participates in the Mechanic 8230 project;

• We fundamentally transform (rebuild) the architecture of our project! All the details we will list later. In this case, the demo is transferred. Have a demo which we planed to release a too bad performance. And as soon as something is known we will let you know. I can only say that these changes are for the better!;

• Based on recent discussions in the Engine Roar maybe even to play online (it is only in the discussion stage);

-We become more experienced and now improves the quality of art and optimization. Models will now be more detailed, such as cabin and characters;

We understand that we were delayed with expectation,but for us it is not a simple time, a lot of rethinking in the direction of quality. What we see as a big plus.

Thank you to those who follow Engine Roar, we really appreciate Your support and understanding!)

The Protagonist Ted

CONQUEROR

Nice update! Love the characters modelling quality…

Hmm, may be by September there could be a demo release. Good stuff.

One car, race with another on a track demo.

Very great models! The protagonist is a top notch character!
It looks like the art side of this game could be in a very high level, however you really need to take into consideration the frame rate issues.
Keep in mind, that it is a complex task and it takes sacrifices from both sides - programming and art.
Good job and good luck!

Thanks) It’s difficult to say at the moment because there’s just a few things we have to do first.
For more optimization and flexibility the game mostly will be in the external scripts.We will post details here.

Thank you! We want to use deferred shading and may be MegaTexture(we’re talking about this). This is a very difficult task, of course. And it would be nice to use the last OpenGL and other libraries.

Nice graphics update. “deferred shading” You plan to patch the upbge?

We are much obliged to your support! We want to completely change the render of blender and use a pbr. This means that it will be necessary to rewrite all of the materials.

I see, just to inform you. Upbge will use the blender 2.8 Eevee materials, so youll get a pbr plus clustered shading. I suggest to work close with the upbge devs, but deferred is still good, then you gonna have to add a switch deferred/forward raster code in my opinion. Im sure everyone will benefit from it. :slight_smile:

We won’t patch upbge, and want to do a render as a module of Python with the possibility of a separate license as ZLIB, BOOST or other license. This approach of our new programmers.

deferred is crappy for transparency

Forward+ is better I think*

I see, sounds good.

For forward+ need >opengl 4.1 or 4.2. We want to use opengl 3.3.

Very nice updates (sorry I’m not viewing these forums so often), I like the protagonist.
I can’t wait for demo :slight_smile:

Thank you!)

anything new here ? Almost year has passed

2 Likes