English translation needed of a YafRay tutorial.

admin kill this post !!!

ok

i just found out that one of my study friends speaks czech and he will translate it. i will also pay him for that because it is quite a lot of text.

he will compress the czech text to more the parts we need. he is a maya
user so he know GI anyway a bit.

i send him the link and he will look into it. it will not be done tomorrow
but in the next weeks.

school just ended today so that would be a great thing todo with his free time :wink:

claas

All this talk about paying to translate a tutorial, and asking someone else to pay for it (someone who has done already much for the Blender community for free).

Ok I’ve just read that like 3 times and
have no idea what your saying.

Great news. If everyone chipped in a dollar through paypal nobody would have to pay more than that. interestingly there are a lot of maya mental ray tuts that have helped me understand yafray. but nothing that looks as good as this.

Great!
If I get a reply in my inbox I’ll just tell the translator
that there is some already someone working on it.

Thank you Alvaro and cekuhnen.
Oh and cekuhnen tell your study friend thank you.

tom is already reading the text.

we might cut down the text a lot. that will save time.

we will focus on translating what you need to know to
be able to understand the images.

claas

JDA wrote:

Ok I’ve just read that like 3 times and
have no idea what your saying.

It was refering to this:

Quote JDA:
Alvaro, can you afford to pay for a translation
if no free one is offered?
Quote Alvaro:
See my signature, I never expected to get paid doing that stuff.

Thanks for your efforts and suggestions.

I don’t dismiss JDA proposal at all. Look at Blender summer of Docs.

But since I doesn’t exist any Yafray Foundation to pay for that, and Yafray guys don’t earn any money by developing or maintaining YafRay, I think that it would be a bit absurd to pay for this translation.

Raising money is another matter, but for that I would take into account YafRay developers’ opinion (Luis, Chronoh, Lynx, eeshlo and Jandro)

But again, we ask for a free collaborative ‘unselfish’ translation.

I’ve tried to register myself in the czech forum to put this very same thread there, but I can’t get through the registering process because it is in czech.

Thanks anyway.

There are many better czech tutorials in Global Ilumination, anyway. They have perfect market conditions and artistic bg to develop the 3D art at high level. I translated it for my personal use. Thanks for you focus at that page.

Compare Mental Ray with Maya and Blender with Yafray. Yafray is extremely slow, anyway than compare Blender with Yafray with 3DS Max And Brazil. Brazil is extremely slow and perhaps the most expensive GI implementation in production.

thumbs up cekuhnen for finding a solution! And thank your friend too - Im really looking forward to reading the tutorial in english :slight_smile:

burt

mental ray isnt for free and it is a industrial strength software and yafray is not. but it is free and perfect for home users.

For the record what I was trying to say was IF in the event
that no one will translate it for free then
the other option is of course to pay someone to
translate it. My question to you Alvaro was supposed to
be interpreted as a general “do you have any funds just in case?” type of question.
I actually e-mailed a bunch of translators in an
attempt to get it translated.
Never heard back from any of them. Oh well.
In the end it all worked out and that’s all that really matters.

Thank you JDA for that.

heres a translator; http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Czech

Cant get through but If many of us try then we should get somewhere…
And if you do have it and you have a mac, go to print and save as a pdf, it will be easier to give to everyone that way…

i never found those software be usefull. a word to word translation seems to be ok but sentense structure wise i am not sure.

tom is already translating it and i will pay him. thisway i wil make sure the translation will be good.

claas

:] me luvs ya all… ^^ and now im conna faint after reading this whole thread veeeeeeerry fast!
shall stay waiting for the translation anxiously!

cekuhnen

When it’s ready are you going to post it here
or at the Blender Wiki?

i am no sure when, it will be done soon, the next week or two.
i work with tom from time to time when he has time to translate.

but i will express my interest to sit down one time to do it together.

claas

Thanks for your work, Claas.

Luis can grant you editting rights in the YafRay Wiki if you need them. Just contact him in the yafray forum by PM.

There is a thread running at the czech forum about this:
http://www.blender3d.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1887

Maybe there is some person over there willing to colaborate.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Hi,
what kind of collaboration is needed in this time? I though about contacting mr. Toegel whether he is OK with translation and then make headline on Blender3d.cz mainpage with information that czech-english translator/translators is needed, but as I see, it is already being translated by someone :slight_smile: