Enrico Caruso

Thank you for your feedback.

I got very wrong results last time I tried to fix this problem with collision modifiers. But, your answer made me aware I was too quick rejecting this method.

Trying again. Now I get a working result.

(Collision on green cloth. 15 steps each cloth modifier. Collision thickness 0.005.)

In the simple test, baking took around a half minute for 250 frames.

1 Like

Niiiice :slight_smile:

1 Like

basic cloth …

He will get shoes, his cloths shapes will be finished.

I will try to control his cloth with layers of simpler meshes, and deform cloths with Surface Deform modifier. His jacket will be deformed by a mesh which is closed on his chest. I try this way to get buttons working with the jacket. The pockets and decorations could be put on the jacket and keep there. And the jacket could have arm-parts and body part as separate parts.

1 Like

Socks & Shoes

1 Like

for trousers and jacket

for socks

I used Material Maker.

1 Like

Cloth and shoes, unwrapped and textured.

1 Like

The CarusoProject is the first time I try an UDIM-Workflow in Blender.

Blocking in skin colors with very thin layers of skin tones.

One still need to be careful about mesh density. I tried to pain with multires maxed out, it instantly freezed Blender. After one minute, Blender was still freezed. Task monitor revealed that there is a single task in the background, which does its push-ups, while all other cores enjoy their hollidays. I terminated and restarted Blender.
With lower Multires subdivision, Blender Texture Paint does work nice and fluid.

1 Like

Basic eye texturing.

1 Like

Trying hair …

1 Like

Something bugged me about coloring. I tried different ways, still the colors keep looking wrong.

For comparison …
Shading (flat and studio)
colors_1colors_1b

And Cycles
colors_2

For me, that much of a color-difference does make it very hard to get accuracy in coloring. I tweaked viewport shading preferences, but I was not able to fix the way colors are displayed. To fix the gap between the colors I paint, and the colors which will be rendered.

After days of frustration, I ditched Solid Mode.

It turned out that “Material Preview” (Lookdev) does a much better job here. For comparison, Eevee Material Preview (Lookdev)
colors_3

Now, I used Eevee Material Preview mode for texture painting. I actually can see what I am painting, and I get much more satisfying color accuracy.

I did a small fix on skin colors, they look like this now. Cycles render …
colors_4

1 Like

I can’t believe my eyes: it’s perfect!

1 Like

Hi Davide,
thank you for your feedback. It still could be improved in different ways.
But I am glad you like it.

1 Like

Caruso model uses Rigify.

Torso deformations.

1 Like

Arm and shoulders

1 Like

Hands deformations.

1 Like