Entrance Exam

Here is one of the assets for my entrance exam into full sail university. The texture looks bad, but I’m not worried since it will be a background object a little out of focus. Let me know what you think!

Iirc, DC3 models where the door hinged at the bottom, the door was right next to the last window. Versions where the door was located where you have it had side hinges and a ladder/stair, almost twice as long as the doorway, that folded up inside the plane when the door was closed. The joint between the rudder and the tail was a lot more visible, too.

@Orinoco: Thanks for the info on the door. I couldn’t for the life of me find a good ref pic of one with the stairs down. I kept finding a ton of C-47 images, but none of them had the door open (only the cargo doors on the left side of the fuselage. The rudder kept giving me trouble with cutting it out with subsurf on, so I decided to leave it alone. I have only until Tuesday to get this finished, and have a few more assets to still complete for final render. This DC3 was thrown together in a day. If I had the time, I would definitely be much more detailed than this. The engines aren’t even modeled. The props are just hanging in a gaping hole, haha! Thanks for the tips, will take note and fix if time permits!