EPIC BATTLE GAME (EBG Has gone commercial)

what is the third animation?

I have an idle animation playing. It’s just a very faint arm swing/breathing animation if you look closely :stuck_out_tongue: It’s easier to see inside the game.

As far as I understood, the plan is a camera the player could not move around. Like the old 2D sidescrolling games , but using a 3D World instead of the 2d stuff to make it look much more nice =)

I have seen some videos of sidescrolling shooter ( r-type/katakis style ) and it looked very cool to have 3D Caverns in the background instead of some 2D Layers moving at different speeds.

You might want to make the idle animation a little longer with some variations, like the player looking behind his back or something.
Everything loks good so far, keep up the good work.

Yup that’s how it’ll work. I’m definitely not doing the little big planet styled camera either.

Looks really cool! I would just prefer the high energy animations of older titles. Give some spark to his animations!

Woooo done with the controls!

I have all the directions laid out in a dictionary with their specified keycodes (the movement system has only three logic bricks: keyboard sensor, python controller, and an action actuator). I created it this way so you can go into the settings and set the keys to whatever you’d like (including game controllers!). Here’s a quick video showing off running and jumping :slight_smile:

One thing I don’t think I mentioned in the main post was that this game will have multiplayer support (non-networking, local machine only). I’m envisioning the multiplayer system to work like a cross between super mario war and super smash brothers (though not as complex as super smash). Which is why dynamically changing the gamekeys is VERY important (if you’ll have multiple people playing on one keyboard).

Well here it is :slight_smile: lemme know what you think! I tried my hardest to make the animations as smooth and “flowing” as possible!

It could be the screen capturing software, but he seems to fall a bit too slowly. Still, I like his animations (though he could run a bit faster).

No, he falls fairly slowly… any idea how to speed this up without increasing gravity?

Weeeeee! we have box pushing dynamics :smiley:

The reason I’m sliding all over is because the ground has no friction yet. lol. I need to fix some bugs for more precise jumping aswell. Let me know what you think :smiley:

I like your ideas for this game!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Not sure how I’m going to go about creating a playable demo. It’s not possible to create a runtime with 2.5 is it?

I actually made a physics engine a while back for platformers (physm). Didn’t really feel like using it for my game though :confused: I’d much rather use bullet…

What kind of movement are you using? Could directly affect the slow decent. Are you using a script?

It looks great, though the speed of the animation doesn’t match with the speed of the player. One flaw to fix, and your game will be perfect :smiley:

About the falling speed idea, if you’re using python, check for his Z velocity, and when it’s in the negative you
then apply extra Z force onto the character controller:

##Theoretically
velocity = o.getLinearVelocity(False)
velocityZ = velocity[2]

if velocityZ < 0:
   o.applyForce([0.0, 0.0, -10], False)

I use something similar in my game and seems to work well, what do you think?

Hello guys! Time for a M-A-J-O-R update! An update that some of you will no doubt be upset about, maybe even furious as to why I’ve decided to do it. But you have to realize, that this has been my life long dream… and if there’s even one chance that I get to make it come true, you better believe I’d take it.

That being said… EPIC BATTLE GAME is going commercial.

Now’s the time when you’re going to be asking yourself, “why the hell would I be upset about that!? That’s great for blender!”.

Well guys… EPIC BATTLE GAME has been ported to the Unity 3D engine. Don’t freak out on me, the reasons are fairly obvious when you think about it.

In order to make a commercial game in blender it would require tremendous work just to get around the whole GPL license, sometimes even creating a custom blender player (at least from my research). PLUS (not putting blender down…) Unity is a much more powerful engine that blender.

HOWEVER, even though I won’t be using the blender game engine, blender will be used for EVERYTHING 3d related; thus heavily praised throughout the game.

Now guys, here’s the great news.

I’m getting funding for the game!

Developing in the unity engine will get fairly pricy ($1,500 just for the engine alone). Plus since it’ll be commercial, I’m going to be hiring some modelers, texture artists, story board writers, and music composers (so look out on these forums for possible employment opportunities!). To start off I’m working with a $10,000 budget (although I hope to be expanding this budget to $20,000 as soon as possible). Which will be a decent budget to work with, considering it’ll cost approximately $3,000 in software.

I also plan to be releasing this game on the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 consoles (on the PSN store and Xbox marketplace, in order to release on disks I’d have to have a $50,000+ budget, which is unfeasible for me).

So guys, before giving me shit for my decision… take another moment now to reflect on your current hobby as a 3d game developer. If you had the opportunity to fulfill your dreams (in my case, make a living as a game developer), wouldn’t you seize the opportunity?

I’ll try and post as much progress as I can here, but I probably won’t post anything past the first level.

Well guys, here’s a preview of the new engine:

All i ask of you guys is to try and be supportive :slight_smile: Thanks for reading and following the progress on EPIC BATTLE GAME!

ROFL Unity is lame. Its a nightmare to use >.> BGE is muuucch better

This forum is for blender games also.

There are little to NO issues selling a blender game, not trying to avoid GPL license either. Its very simple. The only problem is encrypting your files so hackers cant take it(which EVERY engine has that problem)

-Mokazon

Hey, the game looks cool! good job on the blue flamey things… i like how they turn on and off depending on which one you touched last

Unity is the only reasonable choice for a commercial indie game. Good luck with it -[Killer]-,but beware… these days 20$k-30$k budget is alot of money for any inde game and is even harder to get it back in revenue.