Test animation to, well, see how animation works in Blender.
- I must admit, it was pain to use, pretty much every step of the way.
- Even filed a bug report (that turned out to be a duplicate, surprise, surprise).
- Posted several usability improvements (that nobody will care about).
- But… I did complete it using free software (although I pay monthly to the dev fund).
- The old adage “open source is only free if your time is worth nothing” is true with Blender still.
- Also, no idea where the stutter in the end comes from. Everything was smooth in Eevee.
- Eevee is what dampened most of the pain, btw. If I didn’t have realtime results, I’d given up ages ago.
- Doing the shaders was actually kinda fun (but everything with the animation itself was not).
Just keeping it real, but nobody cares what I say anyway.