I’ve been using Blender about 6 years ago but then other stuff in life got a higher priority. Now with the launch of Blender 2.8 I’ve decided to give up some of my precious mornings and get up at 5 to get a half hour to an hour before the kids gets up. Any ways time for a new beginning trying to get the hang of this.
The first project: A vase. I thought I made simple though not knowing auto smooth made for quite a bit of a hassle though unexpectedly I did get help. I have uploaded it to Blender kit
Project finished aug 25, 2019
The second project: A cheap plastic toy plane. A bit more to it than the vase thought it would be wise to just model with only volume/shape in mind not topology and then just redo the topology… Well tried that idea and have to say: “From now on I stick with trying to get the topology correct from the beginning”. I did also try and loose the polycount but did create N-gons. I did not notice them at the time though I’ve read a lot about it and they aren’t that evil and are in this case not a problem. I have uploaded it to Blender kit
Project finished Sept. 7, 2019
Going to to post my other projects tomorrow need to get to bed if I am going to get up at five
The third project: Cheap plastic toy helicopter. At first I thought I would reuse the propeller from the plane but realised that i did not like that much and did a new one. The model contains N-gons and tris but renders well. I think there would be fewer if I did not have the intention to complete a model a week…time to reconsider and slow down any way speed comes with knowledge and experience not with the satisfaction of finishing yet another model just have to embrace that idea.
Finished Sept. 14, 2019. Uploaded to Blender Kit
The fourth project: Cheap plastic toy truck.
When creating this model I found the add on meshlint a great tool when creating the topology, since it points out potential threats to a topology and have helped me being more deliberate in the creation of my models topology. This model do not contain any tris or N-gons
Finished: Sept. 29, 2019, Uploaded to Blender Kit
This is a material I’ve made for my fifth project. I’ve based it upon the iron touched material from Blender Kit. I’ve also uploaded mine to Blender Kit
Metal wire mesh
Uploaded to Blender Kit
Ok here’s project 5. It’s uploaded to Blender Kit. More attention to the topology…No tris or N-gons in this one I’ve added geometry where needed to be able to add a subsurf modifier without changing the volume. But then you have to fix the windows texture as the geometry changes so some green gets into the windows if one would feel the need to add a subsurf modifier.
Finished: Oct. 13, 2019, Uploaded to Blender Kit
WIP: Body of the car done
In a period where I don’t get much done any way’s here’s the wheel of the car
6 months of hiatus finally over
Edit:available on blenderkit