Error when attempting to add node "Isotropic Volume" or "transparent Volume". v2.65

I get the following error when attempting to add a volume material node “Isotropic Material” in Blender 2.65. Both Blender Render and Cycles.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.65\scripts\startup\bl_operators
ode.py”, line 143, in execute
self.create_node(context)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.65\scripts\startup\bl_operators
ode.py”, line 118, in create_node
node = tree.nodes.new(type=item[len(node_type_prefix):])
RuntimeError: Error: Unable to create node

Official Blender Cycles never have that nodes, and even more, “Volume” input socket, that supposed only work with that nodes, commented out in code. I think you have some experimental build with one of my volumetric patch? Why you need that nodes at all?

2.6 series documentation is so poor often the only way to figure out how things work is to try them. I was working with volumetric and could not get it to work like I wanted. Sometimes nodes work better than actual old fashioned tab areas. So I was trying it.

No, not an experimental build. One downloaded from the standard blender.org download button. Windows 32 bit Installer, USA. Installed from file “blender-2.65a-windows32.exe” dated 19/12/2012 4:22PM

Blender 2.65.0, Build r53189. (I never have understood why Blender “a” versions such as 2.65a show 2.65-0 in the splash screen rather than 2.65.1…)