Escape Velocity 2, Race days and nights of extremes. NPR/illustration/experiments

Escape Velocity 2/1 “Galaxy Drift”

-Can’t beat me, you $#$# drone…

Escape Velocity 2/2 “Evening Watch”

“- Eeeh, here we go again… this will not go well :(”

Escape Velocity 2/3 “Alternate exfiltration strategy”

"- Shouldn’t have picked that f#ing phone up… shouldn’t have blown up the elevators, shouldn’t have triggered the alarms… I hate mondays "

Escape Velocity 2/4 “Helping hand”

“-Need a hand?”
“-(…)”

Escape Velocity 2/5 “…all of them”

“- How many of those pills did you take?”
“- Almost all of them…”
“- It’s… not wise to take any more. Your heart can just stop…”
“- I have 3 minutes before I crash now, or 30 if I take this one. And I should have some Adrenalin somewhere…”

Next entry in my Escape Velocity project. Daytime this time ;). As always, made in Blender/Eevee.

Some gifs, progression and motion test :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Progression_0001

GalaxyDrift_motion_0001

Thumbnail

120 Likes

@andrzejsykut :open_mouth:ohh, Grease pencil? Are you planned something special on animation part too like @pepeland did with grease pencil?

Very little Grease Pencil in this particular image, all polygons and voronoi textures ;), plus some Substance painter handpainting. But I need to explore GP more, especially as I found tere’s a Decimate equivalent for GP. Yay blocky shapes.

As for animation… I would like to, but to do it properly would mean doing it fulltime for a few months at least and hiring actual animators ;). Maybe some day…

4 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Escape Velocity 2/2 “Evening Watch”

“- Eeeh, here we go again… this will not go well :(”

EW_01_progression

And the progression of course

13 Likes

wow superb work! So if I understand correctly it is full 3d, and what looks like a “2d paint over” is actually polygons in the 3d scene itself?

1 Like

Yes, all polygons, planes with Voronoi in the Alpha, and so on. Some using normal shaders, some unlit, some using Shader to Rgb hard shading…

But, it does feel like painting while working this way, just without the limitation of 2-d space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

nice! end result looks great especially in motion

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

How !!! How did u do this its very cool i love it :heart::heart::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very nice, look as very stylized 2D in positive way. Love to see one animation in this style.

This is awesome, feels like rocket league meets cyberpunk… Or maybe I just play rocket league too much…

I try to understand where Voronoi was used? Is it all the triangles and transparent layers with shapes?

The floor, those puddles, transparent layers, planets (although there is some distortion going on), etc.

I like this style, very unique work!

Love the Style!

Escape Velocity 2/3 “Alternate exfiltration strategy”

"- Shouldn’t have picked that f#ing phone up… shouldn’t have blown up the elevators, shouldn’t have triggered the alarms… I hate mondays "

In motion:
Exfiltration_motion_0001

Progression:
Exfiltration_progression_0001

Things are not looking up…Obviously lot of Incal inspiration in here.

2 Likes

Very cool style. :metal:t2:

Escape Velocity 2/4 “Helping hand”

“-Need a hand?”
“(…)”

progression:
HH_progression_0001

and of course in motion:
HH_v001_0001_motion

4 Likes

absolutely beautiful !