Essential Blender ch 10 - can't see unwrapped map

Hi there,

I’m trying to work through Essential Blender and I’m stuck at p248 of the UV Mapping chapter (chapter 10). When I open the file UVUnwrap.blend (which is on the included CD), no unwrapped UV map appears in the UV/Image editor pane and the Suzanne mesh in the 3D window is pink, which is somewhat unexpected. Screenshot attached.

It looks like this poster here:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183515

got further than I did, but I’m not sure why.

I’m using blender 2.49b on Ubuntu Karmic. Hope someone can help me get the unwrapped mesh to appear.

Cheers

NPP

Attachments

To show the unwrap, go into edit mode and select all the vertices (A). You should see the UV map in the image editor window. You can select the two textures from the drop down list on the image editor menu bar.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the belated follow-up. The select-all was indeed the missing step that I couldn’t track down.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
NPP

Sorry I missed this, I am the author of the UV mapping chapter. It might be due to a version conflict, since the book was written for the 2.3 versions. The included file is not my file, however, the pink occurs, because their was originally an image married to the coords in the UV editor, but when the file was saved, it was not packed, and when opened on a different computer, blender can no longer locate the image. So it turns pink. I don’t know why, but that is what happens. If you like, I can look for the original file that I created to base the tut on.