Evalynne

haha yeah its sort of taken over at the moment lol.
I have made the static mesh for now lol need to figure out whats going to give the best motion when its flowing lol.
I am trying to keep the poly count down on unnecessary items but i need to model laces etc lol. anyone offer any advice on it? want to put some sort of webbing keeping the corset together also lol :stuck_out_tongue: added the skirt as I thought it looked unbalanced. almost on to the sculpting! just tidying up and the hair to do :slight_smile:

completed ME3 so now back to work!
have done all of the webbing/ laces now. May need tweaking later but for now at least I am happy (although i need to figure out how to cap curves.).
Need to decide what hair style she will have now. I have deconstructed a couple of polygon hair models to see how they work and i dont feel i have to worry as much as i have been about overlapping polygons etc.

already, damn that was fast lol :stuck_out_tongue:
the model is looking great, cant wait too see some proper hair (atm looks like a bowl cut lol)
nice work so far

Looking good so far :slight_smile: Keep it up :wink:

Happy Blending :wink:

@Bizla lol I think I need more practice lol. I modelled the hood up, I am working on the hair at the moment lol! As for ME3 its not that long unfortunately lol I even played some of the multiplayer lol. Definitely worth playing through though I dont think I will play through again.

@Jeannot certainly trying lol just a case of sticking with it lol I am determined to see this one through :stuck_out_tongue:

tonights progress :slight_smile:

hair is now complete for the most part and you all get a lovely closeup (or series of) of her face lol :slight_smile: not sure about the eyebrows whether to paint them on when i texture it or whatever but i need to do the eyelashes in the same manner lol.

hopefully the shot will help explain the hood a bit better also :slight_smile:

Any tutorials you can reccommend about modelling faces like that?

the hair looks great! :slight_smile: well done.
and that sucks, i’ll wait for the price to drop then, i dont fancy paying £40 for a couple of days play time lol.

@blendercranium2 do you mean the technical aspect or the artistic aspect? for the technical side there are a couple of tutorials on blendercookie.com that cover this in alot of detail. As for the artistic aspect its just through studying art styles and gaining experience.

@Bizla thanks matey :slight_smile: I think I am about ready to move on to the sculpting now. not sure how quick the progress will be but will keep updating as i carry on :slight_smile:

I meant technical aspect. I’ll look into those tutorials.

its definitely worth checking out :slight_smile: once you understand the general placement of the edgeloops around the face it makes it alot easier to work with. I am hoping to update it later, just sculpting in some details as we speak

what is it your going to sculpt? also how are you going to keep your poly count down after sculpting, or is poly count not an issue atm?

I am going to sculpt in the details that dont really require their own vertices so I can keep the polycount down to a reasonable level.
The idea I am using is sculpt the remaining tiny details and bake the results to normal maps so i can just use a low level subsurf and still get the same results.

Heres a render of the face with the sculpt applied as a normal map :slight_smile: the entire body (not the clothes or hair etc) is 24424 faces so that should give you an idea of what it can achieve :slight_smile:

This is really getting good my friend :slight_smile:

However, I am not found on the sharp underline of the noze as well as the perfectly sharp mouth corners. It sort of makes it really unnatural to me. I do however like the overall of what you have so far :wink: Great topology too :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents :wink:

Happy Blending :slight_smile:

good idea, i have to ask (im almost afraid to ask since i have years of experience with blender) but how do you bake a normal map out of a sculpted mesh in cycles?

bizla: baking normals has nothing to do with which renderer you use, you bake it the same way as you usually do. Its the way you apply the normal to your shader that is simply different.

@bizla, Jeannots instructions pretty much sum it up. If you go to the render panel its at the bottom. If you select normals from the drop down menu and select the bake from multires. Thats the best way to get non destructive results. the only thing to keep in mind is on the multires modifier keep the preview at the subsurf level you are going to apply and make sure the render level is at its maximum to make the most of it. From what i have observed it appears to bake the difference in the normals from the preview to the normals in the sculpt level (though this may not be 100% accurate.).
theres a tutorial on blender cookie about texturing an elf head that covers this and creating texture maps. Should help explain in more detail the process behind it :slight_smile:

didnt post the update last night as i will still halfway through rendering out alot of the maps and finishing off some sculpting. May go back and add more detail in some areas but i think as it stands is a good point to stop for the night and upload the progress.

all the materials now have subsurf level one and the normal maps applied. for alot of the materials i have created cavity maps to base the actual textures on but i have applied them to compliment the normal maps for this render :stuck_out_tongue: helps give a nice variation in tone. Still some cleanup work to do on the maps in regards to the seams and a couple of areas that look a little untidy.

@Jeannot i have softened the areas around the bottom of the nose and the corners of the mouth for you :stuck_out_tongue:

unfortunately if i try to upload the full sized images the forums throw back an error so the same as before the images are only half sized. Anyone wants to see the full sized images i can upload them elsewhere for you :slight_smile:

Really digging this :slight_smile: Its looking awesome so far :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see it textured and rigged :slight_smile:

Keep it up :wink:
Happy Blending :slight_smile:

cheers for the advice both of you, i’ll try that out and take a look at that tut when i can :slight_smile:
as for the model, the sculpting is coming along nicely, keep up the good work :slight_smile: