Evangelion 01

oh really this work to the forum gallery? there is so many other better works…

There’s so many reasons to not be a jerk.

If you’ve seen an image that hasn’t been featured but think it deserves to be, then please use the report button to bring our attention to it. (Please say in the report that you think it deserves to be featured.)

Rating an image will also help bring attention to it.

And a Titan smells you! Run!!!

…You had a bad day? You wanna talk about it? Wanna go get some ice cream?

i was actually also surprise to see this to be feature, as i already mention to the author on facebook, the presentation its great and it looks awesome the presentation its beautiful and very clean, but! watching the images on the thread, small images, as soon as you open the full size its very evident that the model its half way through, extrusions on the legs and shoes, the fingers are short but not short as the style calls, its too short like extrude two times the little finger and NEXT!
well as i said the model in general its half way done, its not game art low res and its not highres to work well with subd, if the final renders would be at least a half smaller i wouldn’t be surprise to be in the forum gallery because it looks actually great but with the model as is i would rate it as 3/ 3.5 with those hig res renders

i really like the overall work but no to be look closely

This is an amazing piece… Be not bothered by what others are saying! :smiley: I had some bad thoughts of it, when I saw it the feature row, but when I clicked, I was absolutely astonished! :smiley: Great job! :smiley:

When you want, you can vote your favorite renders and if you don’t like my work, you can write a negative comments, for me there are no problems.

But Luckily there are many other person that like my model and my render!!! :slight_smile:

In any case thanks for all positive and/or negative comments!!!

Proportion? It’s possible that the proportions are not correct, this model is based on my mind no blueprint or image were used.

mm no its not about proportions i modeled a two evas along the years and proportions its a very subjective term with these characters, its about anatomy and model definition, a quick example of model definition would be the shoe,

that area there, we could say that is an esthetic decision but considering the lack of loops and definition around the rest of the model i am pretty sure that this is due the lack of an extra loop to control the sharpness of the material to keep more the shape of the area.
Other area that cearly needs more work are the hands,

looking the hands closely, like in the high res images its evident that the lines doesn’t have an unify criteria, first it looks like an inflated latex glove, if you see the palm of the hand its plain, that only hapenned when the fingers are extruded from a box and are round probably because of the low resolution and a subdivision surface modifier, the knuckles are all diferent but again it looks more like -“na, like this its ok, lets go with the next”- rather than an design decision. The thumb shoud have or go to the palm not because its nicer, its because the bones on the humanoids hands works that way, try to put your real hand in that position and you will probably feel a bit of tension, leave it rest on the desk and you probably notice how the thumb its not in the same line of the index(google for more bone reference)

this is a hand from my second eva model i did a few years ago, i just set up the viewport ao to high light in red the contours shaped by the model, in this one, the model its no compleatly anatomical correct, actually its quite off, but its possible at first glance to distinguish the palm from the back of the hand.
I must say that with work and other activities, the full riged textured model took me months to be finished with errors that i said “its ok, was an modeling exercise it i wont get any scene with it”. . () get that detail may not take months but its some work.

Wow…this is a very good and detailed comment…thanks!!!

Epic :slight_smile: Was just watching this last night!

you’r welcome
ill be waiting for the unit 02 :wink:

This looks great. Love to see some one bringing it back.

I’m not agree, this is superb!!!

Nice work bro. Did you sclupt or bow model?

Thanks!!!

No sculpt, all parts are modelled…

Hey, thank you very much for posting wireframe and clay shots! Very clean and nice work. I’m just starting to model in Blender and I saw a few interesting things in your wireframe. May I ask how did you make the round wholes with squares in the wireframe. I know this is a newbie question but I’m also modeling mechs and this is something I’d use a lot.

if u extrude a surface and if u apply a sub subdivision surface the result is a circlular hole…

I liked especially the landscape Evangelion is on. That topology is impressively clean for such a complex model. I always mess up…