Evee not showing material

Hello there!

I’m turning here for help since I’m spiralling in my animation that just doesn’t want to show the
material in rendered view. In Material preview everything is perfect but I just can’t seem to
get it working in rendered view. I tried materials from polligon and even creating my own.
I’m a beginner so I probably gone wrong somewhere basic…

Since I’m a new user I cannot upload attachments so I’m sending .blend over with WeTransfer.

I thank you enormously!

First off…Your scale on all objects, you didn’t set the scale after you added and changes the parts in this…ALLWAYS set scale, or you will have unexpected problems !!
You didn’t pack the images in the file! So I can’t see if there is a problem there, but did you use the Polligon Importer?

Did you go to the Top Render > Render Animation ( Ctrl + F12 ) ?
Did you set the File Type to be exported in the output properties? Mpeg is what I used.

As I just did a quick gold on the coins and rendered out a 5 frame anim, it works fine…

Hello. Difficult to answer based on the file, the textures are not included:

When sharing, you may want to go file > external data > pack resources, so they will be embedded in the blend file.
Overall, I suggest you start simpler if materials are still unclear for you.
The custom nodes from poliigon are great, but they are complex if you don’t have the basics. I’d advice to start with a simple texture plugged into a principled shader. Test this in Eeevee and Cycles untill it works as you want. Then complexify your material with roughness, metallic, normal, etc. Then play around with the standard mapping nodes. At this point, you’ll have everything you need to understand the more complex poliigon setup and you’re gonna make it!

Good luck to you, can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Thank you RSHEhles!
I did scale after yes, and thought it won’t complicate things, however I did ruin my animation so I had to redo that, I definitely learned my lesson…

Yes I used Poliigon importer, I also tried my own simple material and it doesn’t work.
I opened new file and tried just simple cube - same thing.

I packed the materials now with the file and am sending it again:

Thank you!!

OK, I did change the Base color of your coins, the Fine Gold was awful…
I added AO and Screen Space Reflections in the Render Properties…set as FFmpeg, in output properties…Render a 3 frame anim Keyframes 40>43… with Ctrl + F12

Thank you!
I checked my render properities, added AO as well, and SS Reflections ← this helped a bit,
but my render is still… The thing below.

I tweaked the color manegement and Exposure too, but doesn’t seem to help.

Checked my sun lighting and it doesn’t seem anything out of ordinary as well.

Yep…It is that Fine Gold texture…replace that and see what happens…

Thank you!

I must inform you I found the solution.
Under the arrow, next to the viewport shading icon, there are additional settings I tweaked about world and studio light and successfully tweaked the render preview.
I thank you once again for your time and willingness, you help a lot!!

Have a good one!

1 Like

Eevee works with GPU shader. Your node setup exceed your GPU shader process limit. You must decrease your node setup complexity.

Purple color means:

1.) Texture file not found, OR
2.) GPU shader process limit exceeded.

If your setup is not complex, then try update your GPU driver.