Evenly spaced verts/edges/faces

Hi all.

Noob question here. After or during you have completed your model, you would have moved around alot of verts to shape your character/model. When doing this, this makes the verts all random in uneven position points.

I am aware that you can go to the verts tab and click on the smooth verts section which will then clean up the mesh that you have selected.

I have seen models that are shown with perfectly even topology. Can I Confirm that the only way to do this (confirming I am doing it right) is by doing the above? Or is there another way that is better or the correct way?

Thank yooooou! :slight_smile:

Loop Tools (blender integrated addon to unable) will be your best friend.
Sure you will love it…

LoopTools

Happy blending!

ps: (also install F2 integrated addon ton create a quad from a corner vertex)

2 Likes

Amazing going to check that out now… So is this what creators use for making sure the character full mesh is evenly spaced at the end to clean topology at the end of mold?

You can not really do it 'full even", but yes, this is one of the tool used for poly repartitions.

1 Like

don’t forget to tick solution, if you think this is it… not for me, but for a better navigation experience when people are searching for an identical answer…

2 Likes

No, that’s not the only way, and which way to use depends on your requirements, how much of the original mesh shape you want to retain, for example – there are almost always several ways to get something done. :slight_smile:

The perfectly spaced out topology on complex models you see out there is usually done by retopologizing with a remesher (Quad Remesher (commercial) is a favourite, but there are others, and some are free).

3 Likes

did someone say that it is the only way?

1 Like

I was replying to OP’s direct question.

1 Like

sorry. my bad

2 Likes

This didn’t actually solve the issue. I tried the “space” with the looptools and it completely messed up the topology spacing which is strange. When I use subdiv it does clean up and space all faces however I don’t want to add polys. I have seen finished models of characters with perfectly spaces and even topology.

Is the only way to do this with doing subdiv or with clicking “smooth verts” which does work and is the process I am doing. Only issue this presents is smoothing the detail I put in with nails, eyes etc.

There’s not a one-click answer to perfect topology; truth be told, a lot of the time, the artist is just meticulous with retopology