Ever since General Forums was moved to the bottom of the page I don't enjoy coming here

I really liked coming here for the news and discussion about Blender and 20% of the time critique someones art. I really dislike scrolling down.

5 Likes

I totally agree. To me it seems only logical that news&discusssion should be right on top.

2 Likes

No one likes it…

1 Like

I am new on BlenderArtists so I did not see the previous interface but I don’t find anything wrong in having the General Forums at the bottom.

1 Like

Yeah but I’ve been here since 2004 so it’s kinda noticeable for me. Moving the discussion aspect of the forum by handicapping it makes new users just assume it’s the lowest of priority. It gives the impression that liking art made by Blender is more important than the Open Software that is Blender.

Of course that is horrible for the community as whole.

1 Like

I agree. I come here mainly to get blender news and I need to scroll completely down to just check if there’s anything new. The new system of separate threads makes this necessary because thread subscription is no longer useable, because new thread is created for each piece of news.

Bookmark https://blenderartists.org/c/general-forums /thread.

Don’t mind the change as https://blenderartists.org/latest has proved an efficient substitute.

Yes but that doesn’t change the fact it’s low priority for new users. If someone comes to this forum then News about Blender are important.

yeah it confuse me some time

Searching techniques was this forums initial value for me. What was yours, and has it changed? For others new or not it could be anything including art threads.

So its funny that is my first real post and its about a discussion around why the general catagory was moved to the bottom.

I used the old forum a little and love this new discord set up. I also like looking at artwork created by blender artists using blender. But l can look at amazing art work all over the web and l mainly come to this forum for news and information about current state of blender and its community. I dont know why i find it soo annoying to have to scroll down to get to generals section.

Cant we put our own categories in order?

putting the General Forums to the bottom was a stupid idea

I can’t say i miss the shouting matches and pissing contests between users though, those seemingly have gone way way down ever since they moved to the bottom.

1 Like

If you think only the the shouters stopped coming here then I would bet you’d be wrong. I really think BA has lost many long term daily users.

1 Like

Way way way down :octopus: