Everybody loves a zombie

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/2732/zombiefin22cn.jpg

i made this zombie with blender,sharp construct and gimp, i would like to hear what you guys think

Everybody loves a zombie

Your damn right.
This is a really great zombie image, keep up the good work.

Shard

Excellent work.

Paint over or did you UV map it? I am assuming paint over, cause I have had some huge issues with SC meshes and Blender for unwrapping.

BgDM

WOW. Great model. I think the blood on his head and nose should be more specular.

3Dean

Good but blood is not translucent unless youve got a lot of pus or water (rain) mixed in - shouldnt look like koolaid :slight_smile:

Paint over or did you UV map it? I am assuming paint over, cause I have had some huge issues with SC meshes and Blender for unwrapping.

Can you ‘paint textures’ (in 3d viewport) in blender? That would be awesome…

Just a technical standpoint, but the front of his head needs to be a bit bulged, to allow for the frontal lobe growth.
Its shocking to me how uneducated the public is about zombies. I am a zombie researcher, and have personally seen only two, one of which is why I am now a researcher. :slight_smile:
Solanum is the known cause for reanimation of dead human corpses, here is a standard timetable of symptoms that leads to one becoming a ghoul.

Hour 1:Pain and discoloration (brown-purple) of the infected area. Immediate clotting of the wound (provided the infection came from a wound).
Hour 5: Fever (99-104 degrees F), chills, slight dementia, vomitting, acute pain in the joints.
Hour 8: Numbing of extremities and infected area, increased fever (103-106 F), increased dementia, loss of muscular coordination.
Hour 11: Paralysis in the lower body, overall numbness, slowed heart rate.
Hour 16: Coma.
Hour 20: Heart stoppage. Zero brain activity.
Hour 23: Reainimation.

You see, solanum is a virus that mutates in the frontal lobe of the brain. In some rare cases, it had mutated insamuch as that the brain case bust open. Needless to say, that particular ghoul did not last for very long.

Reanimation is a strange and devastating disease, your rendering of a ghoul is very lifelike, reminicient to some I have seen in my career. The only slight innacuracy that I see, is that I would put some small scratches on his face, and maybe more blood around his mouth.

Yeah the zombie survival guide rocks

looks great… very creepy !

He reminds me of Robert Duvall. A coincidence or did you use his face as a refrence?

Nice job btw, I like it. Very good texturing and modeling.

BgDm, thanks you are right it´s not uv mapped it´s a texture that is wrapped around the head
anoncompboy,thanks but i have seen enough blood to know what it lookes like
Strikermunch, thank you for that informative post
Hippie, yeah now that you mention it he does kinda look like Robert Duvall but it´s just a coincidence i didnt use any refrence

WOW… nice nose and theet :)… looks like my girlfriend LOL

Wow. Great work dannybear :slight_smile:

Strikermunch: that was very informative.

Aligorith

Wow, that’s some scary sugar honey ice tea there.

Freaks me out a bit, especially the nose. Thinking about it gives me the creeps.

The skin is a bit new…fresh zombie maybe.

…freaky stuff…works for Resident Evil though.

damn narven you need a new girlfriend

wolf, thanks i was going for that scary sugar honey ice tea look

lol, wow dude, I need to do some stuff in SC some time, I usually just start from scratch on there and on about the fith subdivision it crashes.
Great work man, now make the rest of him and have him kill someone on this forum Muhahahahahahahaha

Wow great job there. I’m just amazed over the quality of organic models now that we’ve discovered SharpConstruct. :slight_smile:

the blood could be darkened a bit but it is the most amazing dead guy I’ve seen made on blender

so that’s whats been happening to me striker I thought it was just adolescence

The blood from his head wound looks too bright a red, unless he’s a Tizer demon or something. But other than that, very groovy.

Just plain wow. Looks like a lot of gimp.

Everybody body loves a zombie, but that one’s gonna give me nightmares. Looks great, but the shadow of the head that falls of he neck looks very sharp. Also, the blood looks a bit like tomato sauce. Like Mr Tomato sauce just punched him in the head. Other than that, great work, very viscous looking. Love the teeth

JCTiger