EX-Newbie in Blender>>>Futuristic Town.Ask advices Final render at the page 4!!!!.

Cultural heritage won’t be destroyed unless restoration is impossible or the monument poses some kind of threat. And the Eiffel Tower is the symbol of Paris (and a symbol of France and the Industrial Revolution) so no way the French will abandon it anytime soon.

Ooh such a pity. So many building the Champs de Mars have disappeared. Where will I find a sandbox to play in?
:smiley:
Looks cool so far. Looking forward to see a fully textured scene.

Ooh such a pity. So many building the Champs de Mars have disappeared. Where will I find a sandbox to play in?
Looks cool so far. Looking forward to see a fully textured scene.
Hé ! hé !

Yeah it’s terrible town for the kids…
They can’t play with sandbox !

:evilgrin:

Cultural heritage won’t be destroyed unless restoration is impossible or the monument poses some kind of threat. And the Eiffel Tower is the symbol of Paris (and a symbol of France and the Industrial Revolution) so no way the French will abandon it anytime soon.
Absolutly !
But they have killed the “champ of Mars”
Maudit Bastards they are !
:evilgrin:

Hin hin !
I know i am a madness architect !

A little problem now…
With my alpha…
When i usan alpha for matérial, i have a little problem…
look on the picture i have tested an psd file, and png file, the png is the best result you can see here.

How can i fix the problem ?

Oh, I think I know why. Itt might be that where there’s alpha, you just left the colour white instead of extending the colour through the alpha… This wouldn’t show up in a pixelated version, but with interpolation on it blends the alpha and the colour, so that’d leave you with a blended, semi-transparent white line around everything.

http://www.design-hero.com/blog/images/wip/bat3D22.jpg
http://www.design-hero.com/blog/images/wip/bat3D21.jpg

Ok !
Thaks for your help !
I didn’t fix the problem yet…
Now i going to working on lighting and render.
I’ll Make the UV of the eiffel tower. !!

Nice… I can’t really comment on it yet.

ok !

:slight_smile:

I have one question !
I want to make a projection with an object.
For exemple, make a cube, and take this cube as UV projector.
For exemple, i’ll be able to put the an object to texturate, into this UV projector object.

Tanks for reply if u know the response !!

And thanks for all your help and comment !

Just a quick comment/ question… If it is paris in the future, I think that the eiffel sould be more visible in the picture, you know… make it stand out a bit… in the picture it kind of blends into the other buildings. Other than that, it is really looking great :)!

Hey, how about you make it more the center of the picture, and attach spotlights to the surrounding buildings, pointing at it?

First :

BlackBoe :
You rock’s !!! i seen your character setup, it’s reaaally greattt !!!
Good Job you killed me !!!
:stuck_out_tongue:
And you have 16…
Grrrr.
lol !
Good job !
I totally agree with your point of view, but i am not sure i want to put the eiffel tower more in the center of the picture.
Ok for the spot light, it’s a good idea.

Just a quick comment/ question… If it is paris in the future, I think that the eiffel sould be more visible in the picture, you know… make it stand out a bit… in the picture it kind of blends into the other buildings. Other than that, it is really looking great :slight_smile:
Yeah !
It’s for that i try to do UV and put some animated light on the tower…
But F**$$$ i can’t do that…
I try again…
Grrrrr…

I coming back with something…
(euh… i think…lol)

needs more light pollution!

Yoo !

I looking after “open” and “close” à light in blender.
Like à satelitte light for exemple.
How can i do ?
I’v made a light with an “light” emitter, i’v think i can animate is emiter with a animate texture…
How is possible ?

Thank you soo mutch !!

Heh, finally got around to making this. Material IPOs. If you don’t know how to use IPOs and keyframes and what-not, you can look it up in the wiki, but they aren’t that hard.

http://zombiedog.spindash.net/blender/blinking_tower.blend

Here you go. All you do is set the emit value of your material, then insert a keyframe for the emit, then add another one, just like you’d animate any other texture. For the light blinking at different intervals, I just made three copies of the material and offset their emit animations, blink_1, blink_2, blink_3 and so forth.

Anyway, I suck at explaining things, so I hope you can understand what I mean by looking at the blend file.

Yeahh man !
Thanks for the file !
I understanf ! (that’s a miracle !) :smiley:
Sooo cool !
Now, let’s go to animate light !
Also, i love your blender’s configuration.
Easyer to use !!!

http://www.design-hero.com/blog/images/wip/bat3D23.jpg

I’v start to work on the lught of the eiffel tower…
(no time for work more caus’ it was my birthday…)

Thanks again for all guys !

Hero+

1. Happy birthday, and 2. the lighting on the Eiffel Tower is looking awesome.

Thanks “Kid” :wink: hé hé !
And, soo mutch thanks again for your file about matérial animation !!

http://www.design-hero.com/blog/images/wip/bat3D24.jpg

I had a veeerry nice Happybirthay too Really soo funny, soo mutch friends of mine…
Really cool !

Soo, i continue the town and i want to pass to animation, i must to do some steps before…

-A little more lighting,
-Add some ad’ ( i made some animated 2D screen for the town)
-Depht of field
-Post prod, with smog and some pollution.

I don’t know or Depth of Field is a good idea, but you can always try.

I’m glad you are going to add a little bit more light. Maybe some more light from the streets?

What is actually the render time of one frame?

Anicator’s idea is very good, get some orange area lights down there, pointing up, to fake street-lights.

Good idea about advertisement signs.

Depth of field is a bad idea in a picture of this scale, I wouldn’t use it if I were you.

All-in-all, the city’s looking good sor far. I’ll keep watching.

EDIT: Hey, I just checked your website and I really like your stuff. Cool portfolio you have going on there. :]

Ok i follow your advice Black boo.
But for why ?
Can you explain the problem with a depht of field ?

I don’t know or Depth of Field is a good idea, but you can always try.

I’m glad you are going to add a little bit more light. Maybe some more light from the streets?

What is actually the render time of one frame?

I don’t know really how mutch time it take yet…
I’ll try to know !!

http://www.design-hero.com/blog/images/wip/bat3D25.jpg

Light light…
5 minutes for render.