exaggerate camera perspective

Hi!

Does anybody knows how to “exaggerate” perspective in Blender’s camera like it is possible to do in 3d studio max?

I don’t know the name of this effect in 3d studio but it changes the perspective, it distorts the normal perspective of objects so that they appear “closer”.

Do you know if there is any python script for it?

Thank you,

Luca

I’m not sure what you are looking for.

Changing the camera lens length will affect the perspective, as does using an orthographic view instead of perspective.

If this is not what you want, can you post an example?
You should also say which Blender version you are using, as the buttons are likely to have been moved around.

Here’s what I understand you are after.

Made for Blender 2.5, hit [ALT][A] with mouse over 3D view to see the effect.

Attachments

camera_angle.blend (77.8 KB)

Hi Lancer,
Could you please explain me the steps you took, in your blend file, to change the camera settings ?
I’m using blender 2.49b and it doesn’t import the animation data from a 2.50 blend file but I could see the mesh. I’m not sure but I think you understood what was I talking about for “changing camera perspective”. Did you change any settings in the camera?
Thank you,
Luca

No problem karmaluca
Yes, I changed the “lens” property of the camera, which is called “angle” in Blender 2.5. I used the IPO editor to key this, as the lens setting is not immediately available (as a keyable item) from the 3D view.

Blender 2.49 version of the file attached.

Attachments

camera_angle249.blend (50.5 KB)

As with 2.49 and earlier, the Camera view keyframing is done in the Camera properties panel – if you hover over fields or buttons in the Camera properties panel and hit I-KEY to set a keyframe, the Camera property you’re hovering over gets the keyframe.

Missed that one chipmasque. Glad they changed it to rightclick in 2.5 because hover+[i] is not something I’d have guessed.

Actually you now can use either method in the latest 2.5 SVN – I-KEY with hover or RMB to bring up the contextual menu. Best of both worlds, it seems :smiley: