Excluding Spotlight from Volume Scatter Mesh (EEVEE)

Hello, I’m trying to achieve a result where only my orange spotlight casts volumetric lighting within my Volume Scatter mesh, and not the blue ones. I am working with EEVEE renderer.
Is there a way to either specifically turn off the volumetric lighting capture of the blue spotlights, whilst retaining the orange one?
If this is available with the blender compositor, please explain simply, I’ve no experience with the compositor tool. If possible I’d prefer to keep to mesh-based volume scatters as opposed to using things like a sun beams node.

Cheers.

Yes, the only way I can think of is using compositor.

You make 2 shots of your scene. One with only the blue lights and the monkey. No volumetrics and no orange light in this one. The second one with the orange light, the monkey and the volume scatter object.

Save both images and in the compositor you mix both using a mix node but change it to add or screen with the “fac” value of 1.

Connect a viewer node to the output of that mix node and save the result using the image editor window. For that select the viewer node from the image list and then save the image.

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Appreciate the advice, a screen/add mix makes the result a little muddier than Id maybe like but it’s definitely something to play around with.
Certainly a decent stopgap solution for the time being, thanks.

Well, I’ve made a test here so see how the node is working and i like the result. There’s a tiny difference from the render without composition, but nothing that I would call “muddier”.

Its clear that if you need to use compositor and the screen/add node you need to provide the best quality images possible, cause if there is any noise in darker areas you cannot see, cause it’s too dark to see, when you add the other light the noise comes out. So it’s really important to provide the best quality images.
With compositor:

Without compositor:

Anyway, I’ve tested mixing the passes in Gimp and the result is a bit closer to the full render, using the add mode for the top layer. If it’s only a still image it worth it, in my opinion.