Existing UAVs from imported OBJ still need Unwrapp for Baking?

My time for testing things is a bit short, cause my work takes 16 hours of my day :confused:
That’s why i need to ask that stupid question.
Therefore SORRY! xD

I mostly import Objects in OBJ format with existing UAVs into Blender.

QUESTION: Do i need to unwrap that Object in blender again, to bake successfully ambient occlusion or shadows on it?

And can i bake ambient occlusions AND shadows together? So it is really baked on one texture (bitmap). i mean just AO & Shadows on one generated bitmap, which overlays the other regular textures like, diffuse, normal etc., to spare texture data. would be sick for me to overlay AO maps aaaaand shadow maps. for big terrain this would be a perfomance killer for lower grafic cards.

xD thnx for all the help

QUESTION: Do i need to unwrap that Object in blender again, to bake successfully ambient occlusion or shadows on it?’

no it should have UVs

not sure if you can bake AO and shadows at the same time but you can layer the two different textures in a material or combine them in a paint program

btw what is UAV???

Well, the best way to check if you need to unwrap again only takes a few seconds- go into edit mode, select all faces, and then open the UV/image editor pane- if the proper UV unwrap is there, no need to unwrap. If the program you exported from supports multiple UVs, it would be worth looking at the editing editing pane of the buttons window to see if there are multiple UV maps.

The best I can come up with for baking AO and shadows is to give the object a pure white texture and bake the full render- the result should just be AO and shadows. Set the resulting texture to multiply to add it in properly.

Thx for both answers =D

fobsta: Sorry, UAV is the 3DSmax term for UV xD

Right, i forgot about multiple UV informations! ok, it seems i can’t get around of the blender internal UV mapper/unwrapper/viewer. It’s the only thing i really hate in blender xD i always passed that part.

thnx again!

fobsta: Sorry, UAV is the 3DSmax term for UV xD

Unless it’s changed in the most recent version of Max. .they are still called UV’s