Exit 01 - The Backdoor

Exit 01 - The Backdoor

No way to leave

Would love some feedback and thoughts from you! Always appreciated!

Final

Props: Door

Props: Switches & Cables

Blender 3.2 Cycles
OG res 1787x2685
OptiX 1024 samples
Time 0:45 hrs

Modeling Blender
Sculpting Zbrush
Texturing Substance Painter / Blender
Rendering Blender
Post-processing Photoshop

Inspired by photo I found on my drive. A good chance of trying a small environment for once and dedicating more time to the smaller details.

I used it to start to explore Zbrush. The damaged parts of the stairs and some other minor things were sculpted in Zbrush. It also served as base for the normal map bakes I did. Almost every item was textured in Substance Painter, which I had a lot of fun with, in particular the walls, floor and door.
Some of the smaller items were textured in Blender as well as final material tweaking and integration.

If you want, check out my other stuff here:

AS: https://www.artstation.com/wk042
IG: https://www.instagram.com/wk042/

Raw

Viewport

35 Likes

Honestly it looks really good I think it would a little better if the light was a little bit dim. Another things that I think would make it a little bit better is if there was an exposed wire on the switch over there.

3 Likes

Really like this!

1 Like

Thanks! Good idea with the cable.
Regarding the lighting: I already have some shadows that are extremely dark, so I didnt want to make the overall lighting any darker. But I see your point, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thank you Sandra! :slight_smile:

Excellent. Agree something not quite 100% with lighting. The edges of the stairs and walls above don’t look to have quite enough ambient occlusion, so it almost looks like the stairs are free-standing with a gap between them and wall. Still excellent.

Paddy

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

The stairs, walls and floor is actually one mesh with beveled edges. That’s probably why the AO isn’t working super nicely. I even painted in some additional AO in post. There is also lighter dust/dirt in the edges, which probably reinforces the effect you’re talking about, I think.

Thanks Bart. Have a nice weekend too!

1 Like