Export multiple shape key animations to Unity 2018

Hello there,

iam a little baffled because i don’t find a proper solution for my problem. Actually i have a blender(2.79) project with one object in it. It is a head with some shape keys. Those shape keys are animated and stored inside the Dope Sheet/Shape Key Editor. If i export the head to fbx and import it to unity (2018.1), unity simply does not find the animations (even with all export options regarding animation turned on). What i have tried so far:

1. Import in Unity as *.blend instead of *.fbx -> Show 1 Default animation - 250 frames long (like defined in blender-timeline) but no animation visible at all. So this failed

2. Push each action down on the nla stack as a new strip -> unity does not find them too.

3. Create a Action (in the action editor) for each Shape Key animation with one keyframe set at the beginning and one at the end of the animation. -> Works but puts the same animation into every Action regarding which animation is currently the active one in the Shape Key Editor.

The last possible solution i see (and will try in a few minutes) is to copy each key ShapeKey Animation by hand onto one ShapeKey animation which holds every animations. Then i proceeed like in Number 3. (See above). I hopefully can slice the animation into seperate parts inside of Unity … just ridiculous.

I can’t believe there is no obvious way to export multiple shape key animations from blender to unity … I hope iam overlooing something and someone can help me with this…

Thanks guys.

I’ve been able to get shape keys into an animation that shows up in Unity by following this suggestion… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zqy5GhUV-Q

Essentially, push the shape key animation down to the NLA and make sure the animation options in the FBX exporter (the binary one in 2.79) include NLA.

I’m having trouble with shape keys being correct in Unity… they work but it looks like they deform by a factor of 2 and their speeds as well.

The blendshapes themselves seem fine on the SkinnedMeshRenderer though.