Export obj sequence

Hello forum,

I’ve been struggling to find the answer to this question for quite a long time, and I still haven’t find it, although it looks to me it has to be easy.

I have animated a obj human model through a bvh imported motion. How can I export the result as a sequence of obj’s?

I can do it “manually” frame by frame through the export to obj option, but I guess it has to be possible to do it automatically from frame 0 to the last one of the sequence. Is there any script to do it?

I am running Blender 2.53

Thanks a million.

I have found that the export as obj sequence, although it is available in 2.53, doesn’t work for me. I just get a sequence of cubes. Not sure if this is the case for you. Is there any reason why you don’t export as a lightwave sequence?

I have a script I use in 2.49 that worked nicely but does not work in 2.53. Basically, I have to open my 2.53 project in 2.49 to use it but, well it beats exporting one frame at a time.

If you are interested in the lightwave sequence method using 2.49 to export, let me know and I can dig up my script and post it.

The obj export is not yet finalised. It’ll get fixed in due course. Just try a new build now and again to see if it works. Don’t try going backwards and forwards between 2.49 and 2.5 with animations as it’ll probably not work correctly. If you need it, Stay with 2.49 if this is important to you.

Yes please! I am interested in that script :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying a few ones, but I could not managed to run them.

Can you please upload the script somewhere? I will use 2.49 to export then :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I agree with the going forwards and not backwards.

I have been using very simple projects so I have not noticed any issues with using 2.49 so I can’t offer you any advice on the backward compatibility thing.

Either way, hope this saves you some time!

http://bit.ly/blogCy

On a side note… do you have any experience with fluid generating? I am having some problems with a project and need some help!

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196144