Export only selected objects & export as .blend

Yup (that’s blender behavior), you need to open the file and purge all orphan data, then save again.
Would be nice if it was done automatically.

so useful! thanks so much:)

enricoceric, I recently uploaded a new version of the addon (2.0.2). I decided to try a different .blend-saving method, maybe it won’t have the problem with unused libraries.

Ok thanks will try it :wink:
Edit:Seems to work as expected, great

I’m sorry, it tries to save the selected under the same name as the original file, and upon opening it says; library file, loading empty scene…, althougt it contains the selected object.
Blender 2.78a Ubuntu 16.10

martijnfc, the addon by design suggests the name of the original file if you try to export multiple independent objects. It is expected that the user changes the export filename manually (not sure if it’s the best decision, but I couldn’t come up with anything better).

The warning “Library file, loading empty scene” is an inconvenience, but if saving as a library gets rid of the problem with orphan data/libraries, I guess for most people the utility would be worth the annoyance (you can re-save it as a normal file after you open it, BTW). Though if necessary, I can add a preference for which .blend save method to use.

Many thanks for this addon, just what I needed at the moment. A surprising oversight to not provide this functionality within the main Blender code.

Hi, will this be updated to 2.8?

Yes, hopefully within a few weeks (might not have much free time until mid-January).

2 Likes

Any update on that 2.8 version :smiley: ?

Started working on it, but probably won’t have anything usable until the next week at least.
Real life keeps thwarting my plans :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello
I’ve just started using/learning Blender 2.8 after finishing a large project with 2.79.
I’ve now realized how much I relied on your wonderful export addon – especially for isolating individual objects as separate .blend files.
Have you created a version of this addon for 2.8 yet?
Thank you in advance.

Me and moth3r are collaborating on a more advanced version for Blender 2.8, we expect it to be ready relatively soon (currently we’re at the stage of testing/polishing and writing documentation).

1 Like

Fantastic! If you need a beta tester, I’d be happy to participate. Thank you and best of luck.

I need this! Chop chop! ; - )

any news on a 2.8x update of this addon?

We expect it to be released within 2 weeks :slightly_smiling_face:

Fantastic news! Thank you!

Nice, I was just looking for this feature and found this thread, cant wait :slight_smile:

That sounds awfully similar to what you said over a year ago. :stuck_out_tongue: