[Export] Selected objects to multiple FBX files

Simple utility that allows to export all selected objects as separate FBX files. Also centers all objects to world origin.

Export settings can be set in regular FBX exporting menu and saved as a preset. Then the preset can be chosen from addon menu (if it’s not visible, click Refresh button).

There is also an option to export every object to a separate directory (simple directory name formatting is available).

Created for my own needs but somebody might find it useful (i am using it do export 3D tileset that i have in one .blend file). Suggestions and feedback is more than welcome :slight_smile:

Link: https://github.com/nekorushi/Blender-FBX-Batch-Export

2 Likes

I just get an error. What am I doing wrong? I am using blender 2.83. I selected the folder I want to export my objects in so I can’t understand what the problem is.

Did you create FBX export preset? Script requires you to have one created and picked from the list in plugin menu.

Oh wow! It works now! Thankyou so much!! I have been looking for something like this for ages! This is definitely going to speedup my workflow! :smiley: And thanks for the quick reply. Have a good day!

No problem, happy to hear my plugin is useful :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Do you planned to add individual export folder set per object?

Also collections support?

Individual folders shouldn’t be a problem i guess will look into that.

As far as i know, Blender can export multiple collections by default. You need to set “Batch Mode” option in export settings. No need for plugin here.

Check out the original post, i added an update with individual folders per object :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there. Thank you for your add on. But ı have a problem. I cant apply transform(rotation and scale). I apply transform before exporting but nothing changes. How can ı solve that?

I solve the problem.

1 Like

Good addon, but it doesn’t export mesh with applied transforms :frowning:
if I export the mesh with the same preset in the standard way, then everything is as it should

Hello, I would need to verify to be sure, but i believe that if you use a preset that has “apply transforms” checked, it should use it correctly.
Please let me know if that’s not the case and I’ll investigate.

tried to check and uncheck this feature, no difference

Are you able to send me a blender project demonstrating the issue? I should have time on sunday to take a look

Also another question, is the transform done on a parent object, or the individual objects?

Seems like this feature does not working in a standard export too(but in opposite problem) because my meshes always export with applied transforms no matter what I choose
I mean that origin/pivot point of the object is always in the world origin coordinates

I don’t think that the problem is in the project, but just in case I will attach the file
prj.blend (802.4 KB)

individual

Ruszardo, any news?

Hello, sorry for the late response. Didn’t see the notifications.
From what i see it’s as you were saying. Even regular export doesn’t apply transform in that case.
What my addon does is selecting the preset to apply, but further processing is done by Blender.
If native apply doesn’t work, I would need too add some extra option to apply the transform on my side. I’ll see if I can add it quickly.