exported points are not correctly ordered

I am trying to use Blender as a tool such that I can create a 2D free hand line drawing and export these as points. (I use that as a collision boxes for a game).

I am creating my lines/points be creating a plane, deleting all but a single vertex then adding more vertexs with ctrl and LMB click.

I then export as Wavefront (.obj). This sort of works in that I get all my points in the exported file, but the order of them is not what I see on screen. I.e. the order does not match the vertices and lines.

Can anyone think of a solution to this. Maybe there is a work around or even a completely different approach to solving my problem?

1. Order isnt as important as that the connections between them are correct.

2. if you MUST be that pendantic, there is a vertix sort in Mesh -> vertices in edit mode

Thanks but all that has done is ordered the vertices in terms of the X component.

To be clear, I am not using Blender for 3D modelling in this example, rather I want to get a set of points. e.g. take a simple stair case in 2D; the points I might draw are:

etc.

I use ctrl + LMB and create my staircase. It looks like a staircase on the screen. However when I export this stair case the vertices (points) do not follow the correct order. e.g. I might get: