Exporting Blender models to .FBX to use in 3ds Max 2012

Hey guys, I’m having some strange issues when exporting to .FBX from Blender. I need to bring the model into Max 2012, but when I import the .FBX, it is scaled down to 1% of its original size. There must be some kind of weld threshold when it gets imported, because some near vertices are “merged” in a very messy manner. I’m not seeing such an option, neither in Blender nor Max. :confused: Also, I have a sub-question: When I view the model in Max, its normals are completely distorted. Random polygons are flipped and others are facing the right direction. I’ve noticed that Blender’s interface doesn’t show which direction the normals are facing. I’ve spent hours modeling switches and buttons, later to find out that I had extruded the wrong way, etc. Is there a display setting that lets the user see normals in Blender, so that I can avoid problems like this?

EDIT: I am using Blender version 2.69.

Is there a display setting that lets the user see normals in Blender, so that I can avoid problems like this?
The properties panel (shortcut N) under Display in edit mode
Before you export ensure you apply any object scale (Ctrl+A). Also look at the export options, there is a scale setting http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/Autodesk_FBX