Exporting Model and Performance Problems

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:

I don’t know where I should post it, so I thought I post it in here as I have several problems with blender.

I want to make this modell ready for UE4 for a dinosaur game.

Short discription of my work path:
First I could manage to cut my modell into a half and used then a mirror modifier on it, to mark seams and make with UV unwrap a texture. That texture I bake on a former modell and this self, which I marked the seams. I put then with displace modifier the baked texture on it. Then I added theets and an eye which got mirrored cause of the mirror modifier. After that I made Bones and parented my modell with the armature.

To my problems:

1. I can’t really move these bones in pose mode, cause everything is lagging and freezing then and the mesh stretches. Cause I think I need to look if a different spot is moving with the selected bone to correct it in weight paint mode.

2. If I go in texture mode I draw on the baked texture but also this is lagging and freezing, so I can do nothing.

3. Also I tried to export my blend file, or better said my modell with armature as .fbx and .3ds (for Substance Painter to create a skin). But when I tried to export it to .3ds, it shows up an error which says that I can’t export this object as 3ds file. And as I tried to export my file as .fbx it just freezes for minutes, runs with 90% RAM and nothing happens.

My questions: What do I need to do, to create a skin for my Dinosaur? What can I do, that blender freezes and laggs not everytime I move a bone or anything else for milimetres? What do I need to do to increase my performance in blender? How can I export my file correctly? What do I need to make my file UE4 ready?

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700, 4x4.20GHz
Graphic Board: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: 32 GB

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

Regards,

Anillex